Is Self-Care or Soul-Care Selfish or Unspiritual? Why Nurturing Your Wellness Is Practicing Faith With Jesus - #61March 6, 2023 ● 18 min
Share this episode
Do you ever feel guilty or selfish at the idea of spending time, money, or attention on something that would bring you peace, joy, or help you take better care of yourself? Isn’t self-care selfish and soul care too focused on me-me-me? Is this concept even biblical?
Bonnie shares how self-care first originated as soul care from Jesus himself, as He invites us to prioritize rest. Learn how to nurture your wellness as a faith practice with Jesus. Meditate on God’s loving promise to help you practice peace. Refresh your mind with biblical truth and calming peace as Bonnie shows you how. Bonnie continues her series “Moving from Anxiety to Rest”.
- Learn why avoiding soul care and self care increases anxiety
- How to move faith from head knowledge to heart experience
- To calm anxious thoughts at night so you can rest
Breath Prayer Promise: (Inhale) Stay with me Jesus (Exhale) You understand.
Scripture: “You will no longer be called ‘Forsaken’ . . .But you will be named my Delight . . .For the Lord delights in you.” isaiah 62:4–5
Soul Care Tip: The science behind stopping negative rumination at night
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Get Bonnie’s FREE New Breathe Devotional on the YouVersion Bible App
- Join the FREE Breathe Wellness Bible Study to tackle areas of well-being: emotional, physical, spiritual, and social wellness at http://thebonniegray.com/breathe. Get 4 LIVE Sessions + Community Support!
- Grab Bonnie’s new book to lower stress, Breathe: 21 Ways to Stress Less & Transform Chaos to Calm
- Take the Soul Care Quiz at com Learn which areas of wellness you’re missing the most. Take this FREE Personal Wellness Assessment to get a stress-less analysis to find out how to recover God’s peace and joy in your life.
- Want Scientific Articles mentioned in Today’s Show? Sign up for the FREE Breathe Newsletter https://thebonniegray.com/subscribe/
- Get Bonnie’s FREE 7 Prayers & Scriptures to Calm Anxiety here!
Her site: http://www.thebonniegray.com
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
A Prayer for Invitation - Your Daily Prayer - March 28
Be on mission for God through relationships. Do not delay! Walk in obedience to the Lord and leave the outcomes up to Him!
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.