Coping with Anxiety from Traumatic Events (like the Nashville Shooting) #66April 10, 2023 ● 29 min
Share this episode
When the news is so discouraging and traumatic events trigger anxiety, how do we cope? As you scroll through news stories, you are absorbing stress and triggering anxiety.
As people of faith, how can we release the stress and still live in this world? We don’t live in a bubble - where we are Pollyanna and “everything is fine” - yet we don’t want to run around like the “The sky is falling."
Soul Care coach Bonnie answers, “Where is that balance? Where is that godly response & perspective?” This episode will help you to learn scientific tips based on scripture to help ease anxiety.
- Why reading the news triggers the body’s stress response
- How to practice the power of listening & being present even when you feel fear
- 3 Ways to respond to discouraging news based on scripture & science to create a shield to guard against anxiety: sharing kindness, helping someone, and smile
- How to lower the stress hormone cortisol and release calming hormone serotonin to stop the panic
- How do we respond to discouraging news?
- Breath Prayer: Inhale: When I pass through the waters. Exhale: You will be with me.
- The Power of Gaze
Scripture: “We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed (2 Cor.4:7-9).
Soul Care Tip: 5 practices: Show Kindness, Help Someone, Smile, The Gaze, In-Person Get-togethers
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Grab Bonnie’s new book to lower stress, Breathe: 21 Ways to Stress Less & Transform Chaos to Calm
- Sign up for the FREE Breathe Wellness Bible Study at thebreathebook.com
- Book Signing Event: Meet Bonnie Gray at Books Inc in Palo Alto, California on May 7th Sunday @2:00pm.
- Take the Soul Care Quiz at http://soulcarequiz.com/ – your FREE personal wellness assessment – to learn which areas of wellness you’re missing most to flourish with God’s peace and joy in your life.
- Want Scientific Articles mentioned in Today’s Show? Sign up for the FREE Breathe Newsletter https://thebonniegray.com/subscribe/
- Get Bonnie’s FREE 7 Prayers & Scriptures to Calm Anxiety here!
A Prayer for the Loss of a Spouse - Your Daily Prayer - September 30
Losing a spouse is undeniably heart-wrenching. The sting of loss penetrates every core of our lives and every hidden corner of our hearts. We are forced to navigate life solo, without the one person who promised to be there with us.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
Bible Story Movies: 10 Films Based on Scripture
Hollywood is known for producing mostly films that have nothing to do with faith in Jesus Christ, but there are quite a few films that have been made that do glorify our Savior and the Bible. Here is a list of 10 movies about the Bible. These are in no particular order.