4. Sharing a Fishbowl – Practical Advice on Roommate RelationsJune 16, 2021 ● 15 min
Share this episode
In this episode, I outline some preventative strategies and solutions when problems with your roommate occur.
How to Find a Great Roommate:
1. Start with prayer.
2. Consider your compatibility. Sometimes friends-turned-roommates are not the most ideal situations.
3. Spend time getting to know each other and living habits.
4. Set boundaries and expectations
How to Have a Fantastic Roommate Experience:
1. Respect your roommate.
2. Communicate clearly and often. Ask questions and check in often.
3. Pick your battles.
4. Focus on being the best roommate you can be – how can you be a blessing? (John 14:34)
How to Deal with Roommate Conflict:
1. Communicate with God and then your roommate.
2. Avoid inflammatory language.
3. Avoid generalizations.
5. Talk to each other, not other people, about problems you’re working through.
6. Own up to your mistakes.
7. When needed, find a mediator.
8. Looking for ways to part peaceably.
alyssawrote.com | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Episode Image Credit: Getty/robuart
A Prayer for Deeper Conversations with the Lord - Your Daily Prayer - January 23
Lord, teach us how to pray when we feel overwhelmed.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
10 Christian Songs About Serving
What is serving? And how do we sing about it? Jesus said: "...But whoever would be great among you must be your servant..." (Matthew 20:26), so obviously serving is important to living godly lives. Serving is doing things for others out of love. It’s about setting a good example for others with our kindness, obedience, and humility.