4. Sharing a Fishbowl – Practical Advice on Roommate RelationsJune 16, 2021 ● 15 min
Share this episode
In this episode, I outline some preventative strategies and solutions when problems with your roommate occur.
How to Find a Great Roommate:
1. Start with prayer.
2. Consider your compatibility. Sometimes friends-turned-roommates are not the most ideal situations.
3. Spend time getting to know each other and living habits.
4. Set boundaries and expectations
How to Have a Fantastic Roommate Experience:
1. Respect your roommate.
2. Communicate clearly and often. Ask questions and check in often.
3. Pick your battles.
4. Focus on being the best roommate you can be – how can you be a blessing? (John 14:34)
How to Deal with Roommate Conflict:
1. Communicate with God and then your roommate.
2. Avoid inflammatory language.
3. Avoid generalizations.
5. Talk to each other, not other people, about problems you’re working through.
6. Own up to your mistakes.
7. When needed, find a mediator.
8. Looking for ways to part peaceably.
alyssawrote.com | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Episode Image Credit: Getty/robuart
A Prayer for Peace in a Relationship - Your Daily Prayer - September 18
The enemy is the thief of peace in our relationships, but God’s Word gives us the first step to take in restoring peace.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
30 Inspiring Quotes About Strength To Encourage And Empower
Whether they’re tragedies or just small inconveniences, setbacks in life that make us feel weak will always happen. Difficulties can break us and sometimes even make us question our faith. In those times, it’s important to remember that with God on our side, we have the strength to get through anything. He would not put us in front of something we couldn’t handle. We must honor God’s sacrifice of His only Son and find strength within ourselves to persevere.
Here are 30 quotes to bring you strength!