Write Your EpitaphHow are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?
Top Christian Music Videos
Isaiah 46:3-4, 8-11
I have cared for you
since you were born.
Yes, I carried you before
you were born (v.3).
At 17, she was in the midst of a brief season of
rebellion. One night, instead of staying at
a friend’s house, as she had told her parents,
she went to a party thrown by a guy in his twenties.
Although drinking and drug use took place, she
abstained and eventually fell asleep. Later, she awoke to
find herself being sexually assaulted by the young man.
For many weeks she kept the rape quiet. But then she
found out she was pregnant.
Fortunately, the young woman followed some godly
counsel and proceeded with the pregnancy. And a
loving Christian family adopted her beautiful baby.
In Isaiah 46, God reveals some truths that help us gain
a correct view of unplanned pregnancy. We learn:
• God knows each baby. In love, He carries the
unborn and cares for them when they’re born (v.3).
Regardless of whether a baby is planned or unplanned,
God deeply cares for him or her.
• God forms each baby. He says, “I made you, and
I will care for you” (v.4). Each new life is made in His
image and must be protected because of that great value
• God knew this new life would come to be. He
declares, “I can tell you the future before it even
happens” (Isaiah 46:10). An unplanned pregnancy is not
a surprise to Him (Psalm 139:16).
All these truths became clear to the young woman mentioned earlier. In time,
she repented and returned to living for Jesus. As she drew close to God and
admitted her guilt (Isaiah 46:8), she received forgiveness from Him for her sin
and rebellion. Today, she loves God just as He has always loved her.
Pregnancies can be unplanned, but for God a new life is never unknown.
<a href="http://www.ourdailyjourney.org" target="_blank">
CLICK HERE</a> to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more
- The Presence of Jesus - What past or current sinful choice has caused you to experience shame?...read more
- When We See Jesus - Do you long to see Jesus?...read more
- Overflowing Fruit - How would you summarize the gospel message?...read more