Hidden SinsHow have you been trying to deal with your sin?
Top Music Videos
Isaiah 46:3-4, 8-11
I have cared for you
since you were born.
Yes, I carried you before
you were born (v.3).
At 17, she was in the midst of a brief season of
rebellion. One night, instead of staying at
a friend’s house, as she had told her parents,
she went to a party thrown by a guy in his twenties.
Although drinking and drug use took place, she
abstained and eventually fell asleep. Later, she awoke to
find herself being sexually assaulted by the young man.
For many weeks she kept the rape quiet. But then she
found out she was pregnant.
Fortunately, the young woman followed some godly
counsel and proceeded with the pregnancy. And a
loving Christian family adopted her beautiful baby.
In Isaiah 46, God reveals some truths that help us gain
a correct view of unplanned pregnancy. We learn:
• God knows each baby. In love, He carries the
unborn and cares for them when they’re born (v.3).
Regardless of whether a baby is planned or unplanned,
God deeply cares for him or her.
• God forms each baby. He says, “I made you, and
I will care for you” (v.4). Each new life is made in His
image and must be protected because of that great value
• God knew this new life would come to be. He
declares, “I can tell you the future before it even
happens” (Isaiah 46:10). An unplanned pregnancy is not
a surprise to Him (Psalm 139:16).
All these truths became clear to the young woman mentioned earlier. In time,
she repented and returned to living for Jesus. As she drew close to God and
admitted her guilt (Isaiah 46:8), she received forgiveness from Him for her sin
and rebellion. Today, she loves God just as He has always loved her.
Pregnancies can be unplanned, but for God a new life is never unknown.
<a href="http://www.ourdailyjourney.org" target="_blank">
CLICK HERE</a> to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Hidden Sins - How have you been trying to deal with your sin?...read more
- The Kingdom We Long For - What makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?...read more
- Offering Refuge and Hope - How can you practically and prayerfully support refugees?...read more
- Songs Before Dawn - How will you use your voice to let the good news ring out today?...read more
- Uber Conversations - How do the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit model a loving relationship?...read more
- Prayer on an Airplane - How can you prepare to share the hope you have in Jesus?...read more
- Adding Interest? - Is there something you’re holding back from God?...read more
- Lord of the Cosmos - What does Jesus being “Lord of the cosmos” mean for your future?...read more
- Farming Hope - What trial are you facing today?...read more
- Because of Sunday - How can you learn to imitate Jesus and His mindset as you face conflict?...read more
- Our Real and Present God - When have you grappled with questions about God’s nearness and presence?...read more
- Gift of Tears - What triggers your emotions?...read more
- Faith in the Fields - Jesus urged His disciples to tell people about Him for “the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”...read more
- Pizza and God's Presence - When do you feel most vulnerable?...read more
- Peace and Contentment - What changes could you make to better “seek the Kingdom of God above all else”?...read more
- Beauty of Diversity - Do your relationships reflect the beautiful diversity of the early church?...read more