Top Music Videos
Isaiah 46:3-4, 8-11
I have cared for you
since you were born.
Yes, I carried you before
you were born (v.3).
At 17, she was in the midst of a brief season of
rebellion. One night, instead of staying at
a friend’s house, as she had told her parents,
she went to a party thrown by a guy in his twenties.
Although drinking and drug use took place, she
abstained and eventually fell asleep. Later, she awoke to
find herself being sexually assaulted by the young man.
For many weeks she kept the rape quiet. But then she
found out she was pregnant.
Fortunately, the young woman followed some godly
counsel and proceeded with the pregnancy. And a
loving Christian family adopted her beautiful baby.
In Isaiah 46, God reveals some truths that help us gain
a correct view of unplanned pregnancy. We learn:
• God knows each baby. In love, He carries the
unborn and cares for them when they’re born (v.3).
Regardless of whether a baby is planned or unplanned,
God deeply cares for him or her.
• God forms each baby. He says, “I made you, and
I will care for you” (v.4). Each new life is made in His
image and must be protected because of that great value
• God knew this new life would come to be. He
declares, “I can tell you the future before it even
happens” (Isaiah 46:10). An unplanned pregnancy is not
a surprise to Him (Psalm 139:16).
All these truths became clear to the young woman mentioned earlier. In time,
she repented and returned to living for Jesus. As she drew close to God and
admitted her guilt (Isaiah 46:8), she received forgiveness from Him for her sin
and rebellion. Today, she loves God just as He has always loved her.
Pregnancies can be unplanned, but for God a new life is never unknown.
<a href="http://www.ourdailyjourney.org" target="_blank">
CLICK HERE</a> to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Fulfilled - Why is it important to view Old Testament laws through the lens of Jesus’ fulfillment of them?...read more
- Red Houses - What has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?...read more
- Tongues Afire - When have you recently endured the wound of another person’s words?...read more
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more
- Stuff We Need - How can you give lavishly to God and others today?...read more
- Rising Above - What difficulties have caused you to experience distress recently?...read more