MemorialsHow could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?
Top Music Videos
Maybe no one will notice. I turned the coffee table so that the flaw would be less visible to the members of our Bible study. Still, my friend Wendy spotted the little notches and I had to admit our son had cut his first teeth there earlier that week. She smiled and said, "Oh, now you'll never be able to get rid of that table; those marks are precious."
Most of us live with dents, scratches, and other "marks" on our hearts and minds, you know, the embarrassing stuff from past mistakes. The problem is, sometimes we think God can't or won't use us in ministry because of these imperfections.
Paul openly recounted his dark past in a letter to his protÃ©gÃ©, Timothy. He said, "Christ Jesus . . . appointed me to serve Him, even though I used to blaspheme the name of Christ. In my insolence, I persecuted His people" (1:12-13).
Although Paul was aware of these prior offenses, he understood that "anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" (2 Corinthians 5:17).
This new life is a product of God's mercy, which is available to all of us who know Him through Christ. God transforms lives that are marked with addiction, immorality, and even abuse. He does this so that He can use us "as a prime example of His great patience with even the worst sinners" (1 Timothy 1:16).
Did you ever stop and think that God wants to use you in ministry specifically because of your past, not in spite of it? In His eyes, our marks are precious. "He has created us anew in Christ Jesus so we can go and do the good things He planned for us long ago" (Ephesians 2:10). , Jennifer Benson Schuldt, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Memorials - How could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?...read more
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more