Run with It!Jesus is the author of life.
Top Christian Music Videos
1 Samuel 23:1
David asked, “Will the leaders of Keilah betray me and my men
to Saul?” And the Lord replied, “Yes, they will betray you” (v.12).
Scene 1: David hears that Keilah is under attack.
David: “Should I help the people in Keilah?”
God: “Yes, go and help them.”
David: “Are you sure? It may cost us our lives.”
God: “Yes, go.”
Narrator: So David went and delivered Keilah from the
Scene 2: David catches wind of Saul’s strategy to destroy
him at Keilah.
David: “Will the leaders in Keilah help me?”
God: “No, they won’t. They will betray you instead.”
The Bible doesn’t tell us if David said anything to the
Keilah leaders in light of their ingratitude (1 Samuel
23:4,12). But I know what I would have done. If I had
been David, I would have been cursing them even as I
bolted from the “walled town” with my men (v.7).
David, however, simply arose and left the city. His
silence is instructional. It tells us that it doesn’t matter
how people treat us; what matters most is the way we
respond to God.
Four times we read that David inquired of the Lord. In
the first instance, when David heard of the misfortune
of others, instead of watching his own safety, he asked
God whether he should go and help (v.2). In the second
instance, he brought his question to God despite the
passionate pleas from his men who had already made up their minds not to
go (vv.3-4). In the third and fourth instances, David was in a tight spot because
God had led him there. Yet, instead of getting angry with God, he prayed and
awaited an answer (vv.10,12).
Do you want to be a person after God’s heart? David gave us a great
example: Seek the Lord’s will and do it. —Poh Fang Chia
Read Psalms 119:33 to see the relationship between knowing God’s
Word and keeping it.
What will happen if you begin to inquire of God consistently in the
big and small matters of your life? How have you been pursuing Him and
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more