Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Daily Devotional - March 4, 2013 "So Many Parables"3/3/2013 - Parables. Jesus told a ton of them: The parable of the sower (Matthew 13:3-23), the mustard seed (vv.31-32), the hidden treasure in the field (13:44-46), the vineyard workers (20:1-16), the good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37), the lost sheep (15:4-7), the prodigal son (vv.11-32), and so on.
- Daily Devotional - March 3, 2013 "A Psalm for the Struggle"3/2/2013 - It was the kind of eatery where you stand in line, place your order, and then step aside to wait for your food to appear.
- Daily Devotional - March 2, 2013 "No App for That"3/1/2013 - When I was a child, I knew some people who did nothing but watch television. They sat in their recliners and absorbed continuous loops of game shows, sitcoms, and sporting events.
- Daily Devotional - March 1, 2013 "Correcting Blind Spots"2/28/2013 - In The Call to Joy and Pain, Ajith Fernando, a Christian leader from Sri Lanka, wrote: “The church in each culture has its own special challenges
- Daily Devotional - February 28, 2013 "Origin of the Species"2/27/2013 - A previously unknown monkey species, the Caqueta titi monkey, was discovered deep in the Amazon jungle in August 2009.
- Daily Devotional - February 27, 2013 "Blind Eyes & Burning Hearts"2/26/2013 - If you want to humble me, all you need to do is hand me one of those Where’s Waldo? images—the ones where you attempt to locate the numerous places where the character Waldo blends into the scenery.
- Daily Devotional - February 25, 2013 "Experiencing Community"2/24/2013 - Respondents to a recent Barna Group survey listed the following as key elements of their church life: connecting with God, experiencing transformation, gaining new insights, and feeling cared for.
- Daily Devotional - February 24, 2013 "The World and I"2/23/2013 - I didn’t realize how far I was removed from reality until I read The Hunger Games. It jolted me into doing some research.
- Daily Devotional - February 23, 2013 "Suffering With God"2/22/2013 - Pain. We take pills to ease it, hold prayer meetings to heal it, develop strategies to avoid it, and think up philosophies to explain it.
- Daily Devotional - February 22, 2013 "Counting the Cost"2/21/2013 - Jesus’ good friend Lazarus had died (John 11:14,17). And so He performed an amazing miracle by raising Lazarus from the dead (vv.43-44)—leading many who came to the funeral to believe in Him (v.45).
- Daily Devotional - February 21, 2013 "Lawn Libraries"2/20/2013 - Nancy Johnson went for a walk and discovered a little library in a neighbor’s yard. It’s estimated that there are now between 300 to 400 small libraries lodged in people’s lawns around the world.
- Daily Devotional - February 20, 2013 "The God Who Suffered"2/19/2013 - People tell me that you can turn any smoothie or shake into a snack loaded with vitamins and antioxidants.
- Daily Devotional - February 19, 2013 "Pray for Them"2/18/2013 - In his book Life Together, Dietrich Bonhoeffer states: “A Christian fellowship lives and exists by the intercession of its members for one another, or it collapses. I can no longer condemn or hate a brother for whom I pray, no matter how much trouble he causes me.
- Daily Devotional - February 18, 2013 "Justice and Faith"2/17/2013 - As a friend and I watched our children play in the pool, I had no idea that I would soon be swimming in my capris.
- Daily Devotional - February 17, 2013 "Taking the Wheel"2/16/2013 - Last spring, Jeremy Wuitschick was riding on his school bus with 11 other middle-school students when the bus driver passed out. Wuitschick sprang from his seat and ran up and took the wheel from the unconscious driver.
- Daily Devotional - February 16, 2013 "Forgive and Forget?"2/15/2013 - Sergei said to his pastor, “It’s been 2 years since Danica cheated on me, and I still can’t get past the hurt. Some days I think I’ve moved on, but the pain is always lurking beneath the surface, ready to explode in the most unexpected moments.