Episode 10: Growing Intentionally Instead of Giving UpSeptember 15, 2020 ● 31 min
Share this episode
According to Warren Wiersbe, when we experience difficulties, we can attempt to escape them, endure them, or enlist them. Our response determines whether we become bitter or better, discouraged and defeated or strengthened. Scripture tells us God will use every experience, our illness included, to mold us into the warrior ambassadors He created us to be, men and women who steadily advance against darkness and flood our world with the light and life of Christ.
Chronic Illness Support - Questions:
1. What are some ways people try to escape their pain or hardships?
2. What is the difference between enduring a hardship versus enlisting it (learning from it)?
3. What does thriving mean to you?
4. What does an immature Christian look like to you?
5. What do you think contributes to spiritual and emotional immaturity?
6. Hebrews 12:1 tells us to throw off every weight that hinders our “race.” What are some weights that slow you down or hold you back?
7. What is one thing you can do this week to run lighter?
For More Chronic Illness Resources:
Visit Jennifer online at http://jenniferslatterylivesoutloud.com, find her ministry at http://whollyloved.com, and connect with her on Facebook and Instagram.
Episode Image Credit: Getty/aurielaki
A Prayer Against Sex Trafficking - Your Daily Prayer - June 2
Today we pray God's Spirit would physically and emotionally release those suffering from the terror of sex trafficking.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
77 Bible Verses About Faith To Encourage You Today
Faith is a topic that reaches across the whole Bible. Abraham was credited in the Old Testament as the "Father of Faith" and in the New Testament Gospels, Jesus talks about faith. As you read through these Bible verses about faith today, try not to rush as many of us do through reading anything longer than a few paragraphs. I encourage you to take a deep breath and relax to slow yourself down. Let the word of God hit you today in a unique way. If a verse you read strikes you, try to read it again and then write it down as God is trying to speak to you through it. I am in prayer for each of the…