Episode 10: Growing Intentionally Instead of Giving UpSeptember 15, 2020 ● 31 min
Share this episode
According to Warren Wiersbe, when we experience difficulties, we can attempt to escape them, endure them, or enlist them. Our response determines whether we become bitter or better, discouraged and defeated or strengthened. Scripture tells us God will use every experience, our illness included, to mold us into the warrior ambassadors He created us to be, men and women who steadily advance against darkness and flood our world with the light and life of Christ.
Chronic Illness Support - Questions:
1. What are some ways people try to escape their pain or hardships?
2. What is the difference between enduring a hardship versus enlisting it (learning from it)?
3. What does thriving mean to you?
4. What does an immature Christian look like to you?
5. What do you think contributes to spiritual and emotional immaturity?
6. Hebrews 12:1 tells us to throw off every weight that hinders our “race.” What are some weights that slow you down or hold you back?
7. What is one thing you can do this week to run lighter?
For More Chronic Illness Resources:
Visit Jennifer online at http://jenniferslatterylivesoutloud.com, find her ministry at http://whollyloved.com, and connect with her on Facebook and Instagram.
Episode Image Credit: Getty/aurielaki
A Prayer for Times of Uncertainty - Your Daily Prayer - November 26
We are called to be good stewards of our time, talents, and treasures. But where things can get sideways is when we begin to worship an orderly and predictable life to the point where we come unglued when something threatens our plans. For some of us, uncertainty is a stumbling block to joyfully submitting to God’s divine interruptions.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.