Episode 10: Growing Intentionally Instead of Giving UpSeptember 15, 2020 ● 31 min
Share this episode
According to Warren Wiersbe, when we experience difficulties, we can attempt to escape them, endure them, or enlist them. Our response determines whether we become bitter or better, discouraged and defeated or strengthened. Scripture tells us God will use every experience, our illness included, to mold us into the warrior ambassadors He created us to be, men and women who steadily advance against darkness and flood our world with the light and life of Christ.
Chronic Illness Support - Questions:
1. What are some ways people try to escape their pain or hardships?
2. What is the difference between enduring a hardship versus enlisting it (learning from it)?
3. What does thriving mean to you?
4. What does an immature Christian look like to you?
5. What do you think contributes to spiritual and emotional immaturity?
6. Hebrews 12:1 tells us to throw off every weight that hinders our “race.” What are some weights that slow you down or hold you back?
7. What is one thing you can do this week to run lighter?
For More Chronic Illness Resources:
Visit Jennifer online at http://jenniferslatterylivesoutloud.com, find her ministry at http://whollyloved.com, and connect with her on Facebook and Instagram.
Episode Image Credit: Getty/aurielaki
A Prayer to Remind Us God Works for Our Good - Your Daily Prayer - July 30
Romans 8:28 brings comfort, direction, and hope to Christians every day. It's also one of the most misquoted and misunderstood verses in the Bible.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
Bible Verses about Spiritual Warfare: Put on the Full Armor of God
Read Bible passages about spiritual warfare in this collection of scripture quotes. Find strength in humility and faith in Jesus Christ to protect you from evil forces. Prepare for battle in spiritual readiness with the full armor of God!