Episode 10: Growing Intentionally Instead of Giving UpSeptember 15, 2020 ● 31 min
Share this episode
According to Warren Wiersbe, when we experience difficulties, we can attempt to escape them, endure them, or enlist them. Our response determines whether we become bitter or better, discouraged and defeated or strengthened. Scripture tells us God will use every experience, our illness included, to mold us into the warrior ambassadors He created us to be, men and women who steadily advance against darkness and flood our world with the light and life of Christ.
Chronic Illness Support - Questions:
1. What are some ways people try to escape their pain or hardships?
2. What is the difference between enduring a hardship versus enlisting it (learning from it)?
3. What does thriving mean to you?
4. What does an immature Christian look like to you?
5. What do you think contributes to spiritual and emotional immaturity?
6. Hebrews 12:1 tells us to throw off every weight that hinders our “race.” What are some weights that slow you down or hold you back?
7. What is one thing you can do this week to run lighter?
For More Chronic Illness Resources:
Visit Jennifer online at http://jenniferslatterylivesoutloud.com, find her ministry at http://whollyloved.com, and connect with her on Facebook and Instagram.
Episode Image Credit: Getty/aurielaki
A Prayer to Put Jesus First This Christmas Season - Your Daily Prayer - December 1In a world that seeks to crowd Jesus out, where busyness abounds, and hearts are stirred to focus on other things, it can be hard sometimes to choose to keep Him first.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
30 Inspiring Quotes About Strength To Encourage And Empower
Whether they’re tragedies or just small inconveniences, setbacks in life that make us feel weak will always happen. Difficulties can break us and sometimes even make us question our faith. In those times, it’s important to remember that with God on our side, we have the strength to get through anything. He would not put us in front of something we couldn’t handle. We must honor God’s sacrifice of His only Son and find strength within ourselves to persevere.
Here are 30 quotes to bring you strength!