A Better Way to View Our Anger & Resentment (Decoding Our Distress, Pt 4)September 8, 2022 ● 21 min
Share this episode
Anger is like armor, it is powerful and assertive, and vital to protecting our sense of self. In therapy, it is often said that anger is a secondary emotion because it often acts in response to deeper displaced emotions such as fear, anxiety, guilt, and shame.
Questions We Will Consider in this Episode:
1. How do we become a people shaped by righteous anger that reflects God’s character?
2. Cause - What or who is trigger my anger?
3. Quality - What is our focus change or revenge?
4. Expression - What do you choose to do with it?
Other Episodes in Decoding Our Distress Series –
1. Why Do I Feel This Way? (Decoding Our Distress, Pt 1) – https://bit.ly/3AW6J5x
2. Exploring Our Doubts and Fears (Decoding Our Distress, Pt 2) - https://bit.ly/3x5lG42
3. The Important Difference between Guilt & Shame (Decoding Our Distress, Pt 3) - https://bit.ly/3qiN9vt
Beyond Identity by Dick Keyes: https://amzn.to/3TKwIpn
Liturgy - Every Moment Holy: https://www.everymomentholy.com/
FOLLOW T+T on Instagram!
A Prayer for Family - Your Daily Prayer - October 2
God has entrusted each one of us with different family members. Whether biologically or through adoption, the Lord has strategically placed each one of us where we are for a reason.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
Top 20 Bible Verses for Trusting God When You Need Answers
There are times we can only trust in God for comfort and strength during stressful events in our life. Moments when we don’t know what’s going to happen and must place our faith in God to answer our prayers. Here are 20 Bible verses for trusting God that we hope will inspire you!