When Blessings Bring Uncertainty (Genesis 21)March 28, 2023 ● 17 min
Share this episode
Even blessings bring change, and change can bring difficulties and uncertainty. Facing the unknown, we may find ourselves slipping toward increased anxiety and fear. In those moments, will we turn to ourselves, feed our fears and doubts with what if scenarios, or hold tight to Christ and His promises?
(Scroll down for discussion/reflective questions.)
- Have you ever received a blessing from God that didn’t quite look like you thought it would? What happened? How did you handle the situation?
- How can you comfort someone whose life is not going the way they thought it would?
- Can you think of a hard time in your life when, looking back, you can see how God moved?
- How can you find blessings in the hard times of your life?
- When you have to make a hard decision like Abraham did with Ishmael, how can you make sure you’re following God’s will?
- How does God's grace provide a path for redemption in the face of our own mistakes?
- What are the consequences of choosing fear instead of faith when it comes to trusting in God's plan?
Find Jodie Bailey:
Find Kelly Campbell:
Find Wholly Loved:
A Prayer to Change the Way You Think.- Your Daily Prayer - September 24
The world is bent to “self,” but we are called to be selfless. Through the power of the Holy Spirit living in every single one of us who believes in Christ Jesus as our Savior, we have infinite power to transform and renew our minds. God wouldn’t have put in Scripture for us to digest if it was impossible.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.