The Courage to Pursue Emotional Healing - Ep. 22September 29, 2020 ● 30 min
Share this episode
Find Leigh Mackenzie online at:
Cry of the Soul by Dan Allender and Tremper Longman
Healing the Wounded Heart by Dan Allender and Tremper Longman
Becoming His Princess Bible study by Wholly Loved Ministries
“Waiting Well” video production, by Jennifer Slattery and Wholly Loved Ministries found: https://youtu.be/bFWsTSg9his
“Reclaiming Our Identity,” video production by Jennifer Slattery and Wholly Loved Ministries found: https://youtu.be/RBz-0ZzFXeY
Group Discussion Questions:
1. What are some unhealthy ways people attempt to deal with emotional pain?
2. What are some unhealthy ways you deal with, or are tempted to deal with, emotional pain?
3. Do you have any fears related to past hurts or allowing yourself to feel and grieve? If so, what are they?
4. What does it meant to you to “feel with Jesus”?
5. Consider some of your “gut reactions”. What are some ways you can invite Jesus to help you investigate those for deeper analysis and healing?
6. What might it look like to remain stuck in a past hurt?
7. What might it look like to develop a victim mentality when it comes to past hurts?
8. In what ways does or can victim mentality hinder our freedom and thus our joy?
9. In what ways can seeking help from a mental health professional help facilitate healing?
10. What is one action step Jesus is asking you to take based on this podcast episode?
Episode Image Credit: Getty/ilyaliren
A Prayer for Our Girls’ Confidence (in Christ) - Your Daily Prayer - October 21
I pray we can come together as believers in Christ and teach our girls what our Heavenly Father says about them.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.