The Courage to Have Hard Conversations - Ep. 18September 01, 2020 ● 31 min
Share this episode
In this episode, author and speaker Jennifer Slattery shares practical tips to help us grow more confident in our ability to resolve conflicts effectively, in a Christ-honoring manner.
1. The Peace Maker: A Biblical Guide to Resolving Personal Conflict by Ken Sande
2. Making Peace: A Guide to Overcoming Church Conflict by Jim Van Yperen
3. "7 Things You Need to Know When Talking to Difficult People" by Jennifer Slattery
Fighting Fear Group Discussion Questions:
1. How was conflict handled in your home growing up?
2. How do you most often respond to conflict?
3. Consider someone you know who handles conflict effectively. What makes their actions most effective?
4. Why is it so important to give God ample time to search and reveal our hearts prior to initiating hard conversations?
5. Why is pride harmful to our relationships and to ourselves?
6. What are some ways our faulty perceptions can negatively impact our relationships and discussions?
7. What are some behaviors, in relation to hard conversations, God might be asking you to unlearn?
8. What are some behaviors, in relation to hard conversations, might you need to learn in order to communicate more effectively?
Episode Image Credit: Getty/Malte Mueller
A Prayer for Loved Ones Who Are Far from God - Your Daily Prayer - September 21
God’s hope for us this season is this: He is able.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
Top 10 Christian Songs About Prayer
Communication is essential in any healthy relationship. We communicate to give praise to others and express our desires. It can be verbal or nonverbal, and each form can send a different message than the other. It is important for believers to be communicating with their creator (God) in a similar way, expressing adoration of Him, confessing our sins, giving thanks and sharing our desires. We communicate with God through prayer.