The Courage to Face a Difficult School Year - Ep. 17August 25, 2020 ● 30 min
Share this episode
Whether you’ve been homeschooling for some time or have been thrown into home educating this year, you likely wrestle with insecurities and fears. What if you don’t teach your kids everything they need academically? What if your daily interactions harm your relationship?
In this episode, homeschooling expert Jennifer Henn shares truths, tools, and tips that carried her and her family through nearly two decades of home education.
Find Jennifer Henn online at:
Contact her at: Jennifer@JenniferHenn.com
Her book: Take the Mystery Out of Homeschooling: A How-To Guide
Find Jennifer Slattery at:
Group Discussion Questions:
1. What is one truth presented in this episode that you can hold tight to in the coming year?
2. How prepared do you feel for the year ahead?
3. What fears do you have related to home educating your children?
4. What are you most looking forward to this school year?
5. In what ways can you see God guiding you as a parent/grandparent/guardian?
6. What might it look like to surrender your child’s growth to God?
7. In what ways have you allowed a sense of comparison to increase your anxiety?
8. What are some ways you can more actively live in grace—for yourself and your kids?
9. Why is it important to take a long-term view of our children’s education?
10. How can you use behavioral challenges encountered during your home educating experiences to deepen your relationship with your kids?
Episode Image Credit: Getty/Emilija Randjelovic
A Prayer for Loved Ones Who Are Far from God - Your Daily Prayer - September 21
God’s hope for us this season is this: He is able.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.