How to Deal with Toxic People (Re-Air)December 20, 2022 ● 30 min
Share this episode
We can’t force someone to love us or treat us well, but we can guard our peace and joy. In fact, to live the fruit-bearing and gospel-sharing lives that Christ created us for, we must learn when to walk beside and when to walk away.
In this episode, prolific writer Gary Thomas, author of When to Walk Away: Finding Freedom from Toxic People, shares insights he learned when studying Christ’s interactions with the various people He encountered.
Find Gary Thomas at:
Resource mentioned: When to Walk Away: Finding Freedom from Toxic People: https://amzn.to/3dsPRYR
Find Wholly Loved, at:
Join the private Faith Over Fear Group Here:
Sign up to receive her 30-Day Fighting Fear emails: https://bit.ly/31y43gt
Group Discussion Questions:
1. What did you find most helpful in today’s episode and why?
2. Did anything Gary said cause you to reevaluate your thoughts on some relational encounters?
3. How would you describe the difference between difficult people and toxic people?
4. Consider your relationships. Are there people in your life who steal your peace and joy?
5. Why is it important to guard your peace and joy?
6. Consider a challenging relationship. In what ways do your interactions with that individual make it difficult to love others well?
7. In what ways do your interactions with that individual make it challenging to live out your calling?
8. What might it look like to leave an interaction mentally?
9. How can you show love and compassion while protecting yourself?
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
A Prayer for God to Make it Happen - Your Daily Prayer - February 8
Prayer is powerful. Our prayers are heard in heaven. Scripture says the Lord is already on the move in response before we are done praying. He loves us, His children. So why does it feel like our prayers go unnoticed and unanswered at times?
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.