Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
Snuggling under the thick bedspread on a cold night, I tucked the blankets up to my face and tried to go back to sleep. But the comfort of a warm bed couldn't chase away my unsettling dream.
Learning the hard way that relationships within the church are nothing short of complicated, I was obviously trying to work out my hurt in my sleep. Betrayal is a strong word, but I felt manipulated, lied to, and deeply misunderstood. Tired of trying to take the high road, my dream revealed my heart: I wanted to be vindicated.
Releasing our right to be justified is certainly one of those "rubber meets the road" moments of our faith. We can try to take control and refuse to be denied our definition of justice, or we can let go and entrust ourselves to a Savior who "understands our weaknesses, for He faced all of the same testings we do, yet He did not sin" (Hebrews 4:15). No one likes to be misunderstood. No one likes to stand by and let it happen. Yet Jesus embraced His betrayal because He knew God is faithful (Hebrews 10:23).
Psalm 119:165 says, "Those who love Your instructions have great peace and do not stumble." Jesus endured betrayal and mockery for two reasons. He loved the Father, and He loved us. In moments of great charity, the simplicity of the two greatest commandments seem within in our heart, however, we wonder how it can be done.
That's where the high road, a painful place where self dies, comes into play. True life abounds when we live out the grace God has shown to us. Will we choose our human vindication or His divine forgiveness? We can't have both (Matthew 6:14-15). , Regina Franklin, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more