WashedIn what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?
Top Music Videos
In an evangelism class in church, the instructor asked: "How would you introduce Jesus to an unbeliever?
Would you present Jesus as one who solves all our problems, or as one who gives us a healthy self-esteem and happiness?" Good questions!
When introducing Jesus to his two disciples, John the Baptist presents Jesus as the "Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world" (1:29, 36). John reminds us that our basic problem is sin, and our basic need is salvation. Jesus died for our sins. then asked them a simple question: "What do you want?" (v.38). Would you have asked Jesus for good health? A better job? A happier marriage? More money?
The disciples asked a rather strange question: "Where are you staying?" (v.38). They weren't asking for Jesus' place of residence. What they were actually saying was: We want to spend time with You. They were not seeking something for themselves. They were seeking Jesus Himself. Come and see. The two disciples spent the day with Jesus (v.39). They modeled for us the demands and privilege of discipleship, spending time with Jesus.
Often we miss the opportunity to spend time with our Savior because we're seeking something other than His presence. Do we desire the Giver more than the gifts? We need to pray like Richard of Chichester: "O most merciful Redeemer, may I know Thee more clearly, love Thee more dearly, follow Thee more nearly, day by day."
We need to be spending time with Jesus because we want to know Him intimately. We can't possibly tell others about Him if we don't really know Him. , K.T. Sim, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more