Kindness and HospitalityHow are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?
Top Christian Music Videos
Bold As A Lion
This is My command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or
discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go (v.9)
William Seeker, a 17th-century clergyman, is
quoted as saying, “Another singular action of
a sanctified Christian is to prefer the duty he
owes God to the danger he fears from man. Christians
in all ages have prized their services above their safety.
‘The wicked flee when no man [is pursuing]; but the
righteous are bold as a lion.’ ”
After Moses’ death, God prepared Joshua to be as
bold as a lion so he could lead the Israelites across the
Jordan River and into the promised land of Canaan
(Joshua 1:1-9). God knew many risks, difficulties, and
oppositions (within and without) lay ahead of His chosen
leader and His chosen people. So Joshua would need to
act bravely during the difficult days and to do dangerous
things out of obedience to God.
In a span of several verses, God used powerful words
to build courage into Joshua’s heart: “Wherever you set
foot, you will be on land I have given you” (v.3); “No
one will be able to stand against you” (v.5); “I will be
with you . . . I will not fail you or abandon you” (v.5);
“Be strong and courageous” (v.6); “The Lord your God is
with you wherever you go” (v.9).
What was Joshua’s response to God’s promise of His
abiding presence and blessing? He chose to follow
diligently God’s words and to believe that He would
strengthen, guard, and protect him (vv.10-11).
As believers in Jesus, we’re called to do things that can be difficult (talking to
our neighbors about Jesus), risky (ministering to the marginalized), and
even potentially dangerous (taking the gospel to unreached people groups)
out of obedience to God. As God promised Joshua, He has promised to be
with us (Hebrews 13:5). Let’s boldly obey His Word and declare His truth.
Just as He did with
Joshua, God gave
encouraging words to
King Jehoshaphat. Read
2 Chronicles 20:15.
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more