The Gift of LoveHow should you respond to such a great love?
Top Christian Music Videos
You saw me before I was born (v.16).
Thousands of Indonesian women refer to Robin Lim as “Mother Robin” because she helped them through pregnancy and childbirth. Without her care and access to the clinics she established, the women wouldn’t have been able to afford the care they needed. Lim says, “Every baby’s first breath on Earth could be one of peace and love. Every mother should be healthy and strong. Every birth could be safe and loving. But our world isn’t there yet.”
I support Mother Robin’s vision for a world where the lives of unborn children are nurtured and valued. I hold these values because each baby—born or yet-to-be born—is an example of God’s marvelous workmanship (Psalms 139:14). David wrote, “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb” (v.13). Sonogram technology allows us to see exactly what David was talking about: a beating heart, a spinal cord, a brain, and eventually even fingers and toes—all visible as God forms them inside the womb!
The Bible says that God not only forms and watches (v.15) babies in utero, but He also sees into the future of their lives (v.16). For example, God understands a baby’s disposition. Remember Hagar? God sent a messenger to her to comfort her and to prepare her: “This son of yours will be a wild man” (Genesis 16:11). God also knows what each baby is destined to become. He told Jeremiah, “Before you were born, I . . . appointed you as my prophet to the nations” (Jeremiah 1:5).
Prophets, rebels, and even rivals like Jacob and Esau (Genesis 25:23)— God created them all, knew their futures, and wanted them to be born. As God’s followers, we need to protect, provide for, and cherish the infants that reflect His image and show His awesome creative power (Genesis 1:27).
—Jennifer Benson Schuldt
How is God involved in the lives of unborn children? How do your values reflect what the Bible says about life in its earliest stages?
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more