John's QuestionWhat steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?
Top Music Videos
You saw me before I was born (v.16).
Thousands of Indonesian women refer to Robin Lim as “Mother Robin” because she helped them through pregnancy and childbirth. Without her care and access to the clinics she established, the women wouldn’t have been able to afford the care they needed. Lim says, “Every baby’s first breath on Earth could be one of peace and love. Every mother should be healthy and strong. Every birth could be safe and loving. But our world isn’t there yet.”
I support Mother Robin’s vision for a world where the lives of unborn children are nurtured and valued. I hold these values because each baby—born or yet-to-be born—is an example of God’s marvelous workmanship (Psalms 139:14). David wrote, “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb” (v.13). Sonogram technology allows us to see exactly what David was talking about: a beating heart, a spinal cord, a brain, and eventually even fingers and toes—all visible as God forms them inside the womb!
The Bible says that God not only forms and watches (v.15) babies in utero, but He also sees into the future of their lives (v.16). For example, God understands a baby’s disposition. Remember Hagar? God sent a messenger to her to comfort her and to prepare her: “This son of yours will be a wild man” (Genesis 16:11). God also knows what each baby is destined to become. He told Jeremiah, “Before you were born, I . . . appointed you as my prophet to the nations” (Jeremiah 1:5).
Prophets, rebels, and even rivals like Jacob and Esau (Genesis 25:23)— God created them all, knew their futures, and wanted them to be born. As God’s followers, we need to protect, provide for, and cherish the infants that reflect His image and show His awesome creative power (Genesis 1:27).
—Jennifer Benson Schuldt
How is God involved in the lives of unborn children? How do your values reflect what the Bible says about life in its earliest stages?
- John's Question - What steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?...read more
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more
- The Narrow Door - How can salvation be a free gift simply received and yet still require our response?...read more
- Last Dance - How can you focus on thoughts that are lovely and admirable today?...read more
- Free to Forgive - How has God’s forgiveness changed your heart?...read more