Right and Wrong WordsIs your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?
Top Christian Music Videos
You saw me before I was born (v.16).
Thousands of Indonesian women refer to Robin Lim as “Mother Robin” because she helped them through pregnancy and childbirth. Without her care and access to the clinics she established, the women wouldn’t have been able to afford the care they needed. Lim says, “Every baby’s first breath on Earth could be one of peace and love. Every mother should be healthy and strong. Every birth could be safe and loving. But our world isn’t there yet.”
I support Mother Robin’s vision for a world where the lives of unborn children are nurtured and valued. I hold these values because each baby—born or yet-to-be born—is an example of God’s marvelous workmanship (Psalms 139:14). David wrote, “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb” (v.13). Sonogram technology allows us to see exactly what David was talking about: a beating heart, a spinal cord, a brain, and eventually even fingers and toes—all visible as God forms them inside the womb!
The Bible says that God not only forms and watches (v.15) babies in utero, but He also sees into the future of their lives (v.16). For example, God understands a baby’s disposition. Remember Hagar? God sent a messenger to her to comfort her and to prepare her: “This son of yours will be a wild man” (Genesis 16:11). God also knows what each baby is destined to become. He told Jeremiah, “Before you were born, I . . . appointed you as my prophet to the nations” (Jeremiah 1:5).
Prophets, rebels, and even rivals like Jacob and Esau (Genesis 25:23)— God created them all, knew their futures, and wanted them to be born. As God’s followers, we need to protect, provide for, and cherish the infants that reflect His image and show His awesome creative power (Genesis 1:27).
—Jennifer Benson Schuldt
How is God involved in the lives of unborn children? How do your values reflect what the Bible says about life in its earliest stages?
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more