God's MasterpieceWhat does it mean for God’s people to be a masterpiece?
Top Christian Music Videos
You saw me before I was born (v.16).
Thousands of Indonesian women refer to Robin Lim as “Mother Robin” because she helped them through pregnancy and childbirth. Without her care and access to the clinics she established, the women wouldn’t have been able to afford the care they needed. Lim says, “Every baby’s first breath on Earth could be one of peace and love. Every mother should be healthy and strong. Every birth could be safe and loving. But our world isn’t there yet.”
I support Mother Robin’s vision for a world where the lives of unborn children are nurtured and valued. I hold these values because each baby—born or yet-to-be born—is an example of God’s marvelous workmanship (Psalms 139:14). David wrote, “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb” (v.13). Sonogram technology allows us to see exactly what David was talking about: a beating heart, a spinal cord, a brain, and eventually even fingers and toes—all visible as God forms them inside the womb!
The Bible says that God not only forms and watches (v.15) babies in utero, but He also sees into the future of their lives (v.16). For example, God understands a baby’s disposition. Remember Hagar? God sent a messenger to her to comfort her and to prepare her: “This son of yours will be a wild man” (Genesis 16:11). God also knows what each baby is destined to become. He told Jeremiah, “Before you were born, I . . . appointed you as my prophet to the nations” (Jeremiah 1:5).
Prophets, rebels, and even rivals like Jacob and Esau (Genesis 25:23)— God created them all, knew their futures, and wanted them to be born. As God’s followers, we need to protect, provide for, and cherish the infants that reflect His image and show His awesome creative power (Genesis 1:27).
—Jennifer Benson Schuldt
How is God involved in the lives of unborn children? How do your values reflect what the Bible says about life in its earliest stages?
- God's Masterpiece - What does it mean for God’s people to be a masterpiece?...read more
- Prayerful Retreat - How often do you have a “prayerful retreat” with God?...read more
- Laying Down Our Lives - What sometimes holds you back from laying down your life for others?...read more
- A Little Farther - Do you hear much about lament in your local church?...read more
- Distraction - What’s your biggest distraction as you strive to follow Jesus?...read more
- Intentional Defiance - Be encouraged by a God who is with you to discipline and lead you away from wrong turns....read more
- The Family Name - How do you show appreciation for the reconciliation God has offered?...read more
- Unwavering Love - What does it mean for you to rest in God’s unwavering love?...read more
- Far Better - What are you most looking forward to when God calls you home?...read more
- A Good Name - When you consider your reputation, what might you change to better reflect Jesus to others?...read more
- Light the Path - How have others illumined the path for you to Jesus?...read more
- More Than Feelings - God created us to live in the fullness of His image—emotions included....read more
- Of Penguins and People - Who needs your committed, enduring love today?...read more
- Big and Small - What do you do with your worries?...read more
- A Way Out - Do you have a tendency to overestimate or underestimate?...read more
- Extravagant Love - When have you encountered God’s extravagant love?...read more