Top Music Videos
You saw me before I was born (v.16).
Thousands of Indonesian women refer to Robin Lim as “Mother Robin” because she helped them through pregnancy and childbirth. Without her care and access to the clinics she established, the women wouldn’t have been able to afford the care they needed. Lim says, “Every baby’s first breath on Earth could be one of peace and love. Every mother should be healthy and strong. Every birth could be safe and loving. But our world isn’t there yet.”
I support Mother Robin’s vision for a world where the lives of unborn children are nurtured and valued. I hold these values because each baby—born or yet-to-be born—is an example of God’s marvelous workmanship (Psalms 139:14). David wrote, “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb” (v.13). Sonogram technology allows us to see exactly what David was talking about: a beating heart, a spinal cord, a brain, and eventually even fingers and toes—all visible as God forms them inside the womb!
The Bible says that God not only forms and watches (v.15) babies in utero, but He also sees into the future of their lives (v.16). For example, God understands a baby’s disposition. Remember Hagar? God sent a messenger to her to comfort her and to prepare her: “This son of yours will be a wild man” (Genesis 16:11). God also knows what each baby is destined to become. He told Jeremiah, “Before you were born, I . . . appointed you as my prophet to the nations” (Jeremiah 1:5).
Prophets, rebels, and even rivals like Jacob and Esau (Genesis 25:23)— God created them all, knew their futures, and wanted them to be born. As God’s followers, we need to protect, provide for, and cherish the infants that reflect His image and show His awesome creative power (Genesis 1:27).
—Jennifer Benson Schuldt
How is God involved in the lives of unborn children? How do your values reflect what the Bible says about life in its earliest stages?
- God Dwells with Us - What does it mean to you that the Bible so often reveals God’s desire to dwell with us?...read more
- What We Value - How often do you read the Bible?...read more
- The Job Paradox - When have you missed an opportunity to follow God’s guidance during a difficult time?...read more
- Begging the Question? - Do you ever feel pressure to share your faith in ways that seem awkward to you?...read more
- Fulfilled - Why is it important to view Old Testament laws through the lens of Jesus’ fulfillment of them?...read more
- Red Houses - What has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?...read more
- Tongues Afire - When have you recently endured the wound of another person’s words?...read more
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more