Happy Ascension DayWhat’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?
Top Music Videos
If you speak Italian, you know that "Monaco di Baviera" means Munich. If not, it's easy to see how two women on a road trip confused Monaco with Munich. They started in northern Italy, intending to drive south to Monaco, but followed signs that took them north to Germany instead!
Being "directionally challenged" myself, I can sympathize with these wrongly directed women. Driving the wrong way on a trip is no fun, but it's much worse to take a detour from God's will.
The prophet Jeremiah had to guide the nation of Israel back from a place where "their rebellion [was] great, and their sins [were] many" (Jeremiah 5:6). Perhaps, like Israel, you've refused God's direction and need to make a U-turn to conform with His will.
When you don't know which road to take, Jeremiah advises, "Stop at the crossroads and look around. Ask for the old, godly way" (Jeremiah 6:16). In other words, take a breather and get some wise advice from other Christians.
Godly input is only as effective as our willingness to act upon it. That's why Jeremiah said, "Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it." Walking God's way means breaking off our friendship with the world and allowing God to change the way we think. "Then [we] will learn to know God's will for [us], which is good and pleasing and perfect" (Romans 12:2).
Like Israel, our confusion about God's direction may be the "fruit of [our] own schemes" (Jeremiah 6:19) because we refuse to listen to God and we reject His Word. Fortunately, U-turns are permitted! When we stop and seek His will in all we do, "He will show [us] which path to take" (Proverbs 3:6). , Jennifer Benson Schuldt, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more
- Blending In - What does it mean to stand for Jesus instead of blending in?...read more