MemorialsHow could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?
Top Music Videos
If you speak Italian, you know that "Monaco di Baviera" means Munich. If not, it's easy to see how two women on a road trip confused Monaco with Munich. They started in northern Italy, intending to drive south to Monaco, but followed signs that took them north to Germany instead!
Being "directionally challenged" myself, I can sympathize with these wrongly directed women. Driving the wrong way on a trip is no fun, but it's much worse to take a detour from God's will.
The prophet Jeremiah had to guide the nation of Israel back from a place where "their rebellion [was] great, and their sins [were] many" (Jeremiah 5:6). Perhaps, like Israel, you've refused God's direction and need to make a U-turn to conform with His will.
When you don't know which road to take, Jeremiah advises, "Stop at the crossroads and look around. Ask for the old, godly way" (Jeremiah 6:16). In other words, take a breather and get some wise advice from other Christians.
Godly input is only as effective as our willingness to act upon it. That's why Jeremiah said, "Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it." Walking God's way means breaking off our friendship with the world and allowing God to change the way we think. "Then [we] will learn to know God's will for [us], which is good and pleasing and perfect" (Romans 12:2).
Like Israel, our confusion about God's direction may be the "fruit of [our] own schemes" (Jeremiah 6:19) because we refuse to listen to God and we reject His Word. Fortunately, U-turns are permitted! When we stop and seek His will in all we do, "He will show [us] which path to take" (Proverbs 3:6). , Jennifer Benson Schuldt, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Memorials - How could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?...read more
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more