WashedIn what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?
Top Music Videos
Nearly one-third of the recorded teachings of Jesus in the Gospels are parables. It's said that a parable is "an earthly story with a heavenly meaning." Jesus was the Master teacher who taught with simplicity, clarity (Matthew 13:54), and great authority (7:28-29). So much so, that the leading priests, teachers of the law, and elders asked Him, "By what authority are you doing all these things?" (Luke 20:2). Jesus responded by telling a parable of the evil tenant farmers (Matthew 21:33-46; Mark 12:1-12). Jesus spoke of:
â€¢ The sinfulness of humanity (Luke 20:9-15). Jesus drew from Isaiah 5:1-7, where the vineyard refers to the nation of Israel (v.7). The Jews, despite their favored nation status, had rejected God's authority. The tenant farmers are a vivid representation of man's rebellion and rejection of God.
â€¢ The long-suffering patience of God (Luke 20:10- 13). Despite the cruel treatment of all His messengers, the landowner relentlessly reached out to the tenants. He even sent His cherished son. For He is "the God of compassion and mercy . . . slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness" (Exodus 34:6). The landowner is a clear picture of God's patient endurance with people (2 Peter 2:9, 3:15).
â€¢ The severity of God's judgment on those who reject the Son (Luke 20:13-16). There's a mistaken idea that a loving God can't get angry. But God said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever" (Genesis 6:3 NKJV). There is such a thing as "the wrath of the Lamb" (Revelation 6:16). This is a warning of judgment on everyone who rejects the Son.
The teachers and leading priests knew that Jesus was telling the story against them, they were the wicked farmers (Luke 20:19). What was Jesus saying to you and me in this tale? , K.T. Sim, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more