Generous HeartsHave you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?
Top Christian Music Videos
I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb (v.5).
Russell Turnbull was riding a bus one night when
a fight broke out. He tried to intervene, but in the
process someone sprayed ammonia into his right
eye. The powerful liquid scarred his cornea, causing
him to lose sight and experience chronic pain. A doctor
was able to cut away a tiny portion of Turnbull’s other
cornea and use adult stem cells to grow a patch for the
damaged one. “The operation was a complete success,
and I now have my sight back,” says Turnbull.
The medical advances and miracles achieved
through using adult stem cells is remarkable. Sadly,
some scientists continue to push the unproductive use
of embryonic stem cells. Those cells can be obtained
only through the destruction of human embryos . . . the
destruction of life.
There are many verses in God’s Word that provide
insight into the moral and ethical ramifications of
destroying embryos: “God created human beings in His
own image” (Genesis 1:27); “You made all the delicate,
inner parts of my body and knit me together in my
mother’s womb” (Psalm 139:13); “The Lord . . . formed
me in my mother’s womb” (Isaiah 49:5).
The prophet Jeremiah received this message from
God: “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s
womb” (1:5). God Himself stated that embryos are His
precious, living handiwork. To destroy them goes against
God and His holy commands (Exodus 20:13).
As believers in Jesus, we should strongly oppose embryonic stem cell research.
Due to the successful use of adult stem cells, it’s unnecessary. And as we lift our
voices in opposition, we can take these words from God to heart: “Don’t be
afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you” (Jeremiah 1:8).
Let’s help protect human life—even in its tiniest forms. —Tom Felten
In Ecclesiastes 11:5, Solomon states the extent
of God’s involvement in the creation of life and
all natural happenings. Meditate on how this
should affect our view of the unnatural destruction
Why does the use of embryonic stem cells
destroy more than life? What can you do to help
stop their use?
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more
- Another View - How can the suffering of another person be used by God to help others grow in Him?...read more
- Good Company - How do you choose the company that you keep?...read more
- Real Faith - Read 1 Peter 1:6-9 and consider how real faith is tested and refined....read more