Staying TrueOur ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze.
Top Christian Music Videos
I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb (v.5).
Russell Turnbull was riding a bus one night when
a fight broke out. He tried to intervene, but in the
process someone sprayed ammonia into his right
eye. The powerful liquid scarred his cornea, causing
him to lose sight and experience chronic pain. A doctor
was able to cut away a tiny portion of Turnbull’s other
cornea and use adult stem cells to grow a patch for the
damaged one. “The operation was a complete success,
and I now have my sight back,” says Turnbull.
The medical advances and miracles achieved
through using adult stem cells is remarkable. Sadly,
some scientists continue to push the unproductive use
of embryonic stem cells. Those cells can be obtained
only through the destruction of human embryos . . . the
destruction of life.
There are many verses in God’s Word that provide
insight into the moral and ethical ramifications of
destroying embryos: “God created human beings in His
own image” (Genesis 1:27); “You made all the delicate,
inner parts of my body and knit me together in my
mother’s womb” (Psalm 139:13); “The Lord . . . formed
me in my mother’s womb” (Isaiah 49:5).
The prophet Jeremiah received this message from
God: “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s
womb” (1:5). God Himself stated that embryos are His
precious, living handiwork. To destroy them goes against
God and His holy commands (Exodus 20:13).
As believers in Jesus, we should strongly oppose embryonic stem cell research.
Due to the successful use of adult stem cells, it’s unnecessary. And as we lift our
voices in opposition, we can take these words from God to heart: “Don’t be
afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you” (Jeremiah 1:8).
Let’s help protect human life—even in its tiniest forms. —Tom Felten
In Ecclesiastes 11:5, Solomon states the extent
of God’s involvement in the creation of life and
all natural happenings. Meditate on how this
should affect our view of the unnatural destruction
Why does the use of embryonic stem cells
destroy more than life? What can you do to help
stop their use?
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more
- The Presence of Jesus - What past or current sinful choice has caused you to experience shame?...read more
- When We See Jesus - Do you long to see Jesus?...read more