In the GapWhat has God equipped you with to intercede for others?
Top Christian Music Videos
I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb (v.5).
Russell Turnbull was riding a bus one night when
a fight broke out. He tried to intervene, but in the
process someone sprayed ammonia into his right
eye. The powerful liquid scarred his cornea, causing
him to lose sight and experience chronic pain. A doctor
was able to cut away a tiny portion of Turnbull’s other
cornea and use adult stem cells to grow a patch for the
damaged one. “The operation was a complete success,
and I now have my sight back,” says Turnbull.
The medical advances and miracles achieved
through using adult stem cells is remarkable. Sadly,
some scientists continue to push the unproductive use
of embryonic stem cells. Those cells can be obtained
only through the destruction of human embryos . . . the
destruction of life.
There are many verses in God’s Word that provide
insight into the moral and ethical ramifications of
destroying embryos: “God created human beings in His
own image” (Genesis 1:27); “You made all the delicate,
inner parts of my body and knit me together in my
mother’s womb” (Psalm 139:13); “The Lord . . . formed
me in my mother’s womb” (Isaiah 49:5).
The prophet Jeremiah received this message from
God: “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s
womb” (1:5). God Himself stated that embryos are His
precious, living handiwork. To destroy them goes against
God and His holy commands (Exodus 20:13).
As believers in Jesus, we should strongly oppose embryonic stem cell research.
Due to the successful use of adult stem cells, it’s unnecessary. And as we lift our
voices in opposition, we can take these words from God to heart: “Don’t be
afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you” (Jeremiah 1:8).
Let’s help protect human life—even in its tiniest forms. —Tom Felten
In Ecclesiastes 11:5, Solomon states the extent
of God’s involvement in the creation of life and
all natural happenings. Meditate on how this
should affect our view of the unnatural destruction
Why does the use of embryonic stem cells
destroy more than life? What can you do to help
stop their use?
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more
- Winning Wars - How has God equipped others to help you make wise decisions?...read more