The Kingdom We Long ForWhat makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?
Top Music Videos
I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb (v.5).
Russell Turnbull was riding a bus one night when
a fight broke out. He tried to intervene, but in the
process someone sprayed ammonia into his right
eye. The powerful liquid scarred his cornea, causing
him to lose sight and experience chronic pain. A doctor
was able to cut away a tiny portion of Turnbull’s other
cornea and use adult stem cells to grow a patch for the
damaged one. “The operation was a complete success,
and I now have my sight back,” says Turnbull.
The medical advances and miracles achieved
through using adult stem cells is remarkable. Sadly,
some scientists continue to push the unproductive use
of embryonic stem cells. Those cells can be obtained
only through the destruction of human embryos . . . the
destruction of life.
There are many verses in God’s Word that provide
insight into the moral and ethical ramifications of
destroying embryos: “God created human beings in His
own image” (Genesis 1:27); “You made all the delicate,
inner parts of my body and knit me together in my
mother’s womb” (Psalm 139:13); “The Lord . . . formed
me in my mother’s womb” (Isaiah 49:5).
The prophet Jeremiah received this message from
God: “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s
womb” (1:5). God Himself stated that embryos are His
precious, living handiwork. To destroy them goes against
God and His holy commands (Exodus 20:13).
As believers in Jesus, we should strongly oppose embryonic stem cell research.
Due to the successful use of adult stem cells, it’s unnecessary. And as we lift our
voices in opposition, we can take these words from God to heart: “Don’t be
afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you” (Jeremiah 1:8).
Let’s help protect human life—even in its tiniest forms. —Tom Felten
In Ecclesiastes 11:5, Solomon states the extent
of God’s involvement in the creation of life and
all natural happenings. Meditate on how this
should affect our view of the unnatural destruction
Why does the use of embryonic stem cells
destroy more than life? What can you do to help
stop their use?
- The Kingdom We Long For - What makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?...read more
- Offering Refuge and Hope - How can you practically and prayerfully support refugees?...read more
- Songs Before Dawn - How will you use your voice to let the good news ring out today?...read more
- Uber Conversations - How do the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit model a loving relationship?...read more
- Prayer on an Airplane - How can you prepare to share the hope you have in Jesus?...read more
- Adding Interest? - Is there something you’re holding back from God?...read more
- Lord of the Cosmos - What does Jesus being “Lord of the cosmos” mean for your future?...read more
- Farming Hope - What trial are you facing today?...read more
- Because of Sunday - How can you learn to imitate Jesus and His mindset as you face conflict?...read more
- Our Real and Present God - When have you grappled with questions about God’s nearness and presence?...read more
- Gift of Tears - What triggers your emotions?...read more
- Faith in the Fields - Jesus urged His disciples to tell people about Him for “the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”...read more
- Pizza and God's Presence - When do you feel most vulnerable?...read more
- Peace and Contentment - What changes could you make to better “seek the Kingdom of God above all else”?...read more
- Beauty of Diversity - Do your relationships reflect the beautiful diversity of the early church?...read more
- Starting Small - Read Philippians 1:6 and consider how God will finish the good work He started in you....read more