Happy Ascension DayWhat’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?
Top Music Videos
The husband and wife were desperate. Their only son had been in a coma for 2 months. The doctors weren't sure what was slowly taking his life. Their brother-in-law, a believer in Jesus, brought them to his home church. The distressed couple heard the message of salvation and professed their belief in Jesus. They then asked the church to pray for the healing of their son. Much to the amazement of the doctors, the deathly sick young man's condition began to improve. Two weeks later, he was discharged from the hospital. But soon after, the couple stopped going to church.
There were once some men afflicted with leprosy who failed to follow God after being healed by Jesus. If infectious, lepers had to be quarantined from the community (Leviticus 13:45-46). Ceremonially unclean and socially despised, 10 lepers were helpless and hopeless until they saw Jesus. They cried out, "Master, have mercy on us!" (Luke 17:12).
Jesus told them to go and show themselves to the priests (Luke 17:14; see Leviticus 13:9-10), in itself an act of faith, for they had not yet been healed. "And as they went, they were cleansed of their leprosy" (Luke 17:14). Their obedience was evidence of their faith.
It would not be unreasonable to expect all 10 men to run to Jesus to thank Him for a new start in life. But only one did (Luke 17:17), and he was a foreigner, a Samaritan (vv.16,18). All the men had faith, but only one had faith and gratitude. Gratitude is even more rare than faith. Often, we're quick to pray but slow to praise. We enjoy the gift, but soon forget the Giver. All the lepers received the gift of good health, but only one received the gift of eternal life (v.19).
Physical healing is a great blessing, but it still ends at death. The blessing of salvation lasts forever. , K.T. Sim, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more
- Blending In - What does it mean to stand for Jesus instead of blending in?...read more