Sweet MusicWhat things have you been trying to handle without prayer?
Top Music Videos
The husband and wife were desperate. Their only son had been in a coma for 2 months. The doctors weren't sure what was slowly taking his life. Their brother-in-law, a believer in Jesus, brought them to his home church. The distressed couple heard the message of salvation and professed their belief in Jesus. They then asked the church to pray for the healing of their son. Much to the amazement of the doctors, the deathly sick young man's condition began to improve. Two weeks later, he was discharged from the hospital. But soon after, the couple stopped going to church.
There were once some men afflicted with leprosy who failed to follow God after being healed by Jesus. If infectious, lepers had to be quarantined from the community (Leviticus 13:45-46). Ceremonially unclean and socially despised, 10 lepers were helpless and hopeless until they saw Jesus. They cried out, "Master, have mercy on us!" (Luke 17:12).
Jesus told them to go and show themselves to the priests (Luke 17:14; see Leviticus 13:9-10), in itself an act of faith, for they had not yet been healed. "And as they went, they were cleansed of their leprosy" (Luke 17:14). Their obedience was evidence of their faith.
It would not be unreasonable to expect all 10 men to run to Jesus to thank Him for a new start in life. But only one did (Luke 17:17), and he was a foreigner, a Samaritan (vv.16,18). All the men had faith, but only one had faith and gratitude. Gratitude is even more rare than faith. Often, we're quick to pray but slow to praise. We enjoy the gift, but soon forget the Giver. All the lepers received the gift of good health, but only one received the gift of eternal life (v.19).
Physical healing is a great blessing, but it still ends at death. The blessing of salvation lasts forever. , K.T. Sim, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more