Rich in Good WorksHow can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?
Top Music Videos
Adrian Edwards was separated from his parents as a toddler, passed along from institution to foster home, and introduced to a life of crime at a young age. As a teenager, he was convicted of armed robbery and spent time in Western Australia's Fremantle jail. There, in a strange twist of fate, he met his father who was serving time for murder.
Adrian was released but longed to see his father again. Father and son did meet again when Adrian was convicted a second time. Adrian served his sentence and was released, but he desired to be with his father. Finally, a string of armed robberies had Adrian back in the courts. "He is looking forward to spending a long period of time incarcerated with his father," his lawyer informed the judge. A long sentence followed. Adrian's plan to be with his dad was finally fulfilled. Orphans long for their parent's embrace and will do extraordinary things to receive it. Thankfully, there's a God who longs for His children and goes to extraordinary lengths to embrace us. "I will not abandon you as orphans," Jesus once told His disciples (John 14:18). They had met their Creator-incarnate (1:3) and would soon lose Him for a time (14:1-2), but they were not to fret. He was going to prepare their heavenly room and would return to collect them (v.3). He was sending them the Holy Spirit, who would "never leave." (v.16). And as the Spirit was received into the disciples' obedient hearts, Jesus said something extraordinary would happen: Father, Son, and Spirit together would come and live within them (v.23). The disciples would be wrapped in the embrace of God, in intimate union with Jesus and the Father (v.20).
This promise stands for all, for Adrian Edwards and for us. Love the Son, receive the Spirit, and be embraced in the Father's arms. , Sheridan Voysey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more