MemorialsHow could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?
Top Music Videos
A nearly finished 13-story apartment building in Shanghai toppled over like a lone domino pushed by an invisible hand. An engineer on site said, "When we arrived on the scene, we were very shook up. In my 46 years of work, I've never seen or heard of such a thing." When they investigated, the engineers discovered that excavators had undermined the building when they dug out dirt for an underground parking garage. Even the sturdiest of buildings needs a foundation in order to stand.
So it is with us. We may build an impressive ministry for God, but we never grow so tall that we can afford to neglect our foundation. Indeed, the tallest buildings require the deepest foundations. With that said, our foundations are:
â€¢ Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 3:11), It's good to serve in church, care for the poor, and follow current doctrinal discussions. But religious duties, social work, and theological knowledge are no substitute for knowing and loving Jesus.
â€¢ The Word of God (Ephesians 2:20), It's good to read Christian books, attend Christian concerts, and download sermons from our favorite preachers, but none of these should replace our diligent study of God's Word.
â€¢ Obedience, Jesus said that a wise man builds his house upon a rock when he "listens to My teaching and follows it" (Matthew 7:24). It's good to know the Word of God, but if we ignore His will and do what we want, we're foolishly building our lives on sand.
The higher we grow, the deeper we must go. The wider we branch out, trying new ministries and attempting great things for God, the more important our foundation becomes. Don't coast on your reputation or past success. Your life will crash if you ever stop loving Jesus and obeying His Word. , Mike Wittmer CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Memorials - How could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?...read more
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more