Cleansing and CallingWhat does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?
Top Christian Music Videos
Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the
winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on
Feelings lie. This truth became evident as my
husband and I talked with a young man who, after
becoming sexually active with his girlfriend, was
brokenhearted at how far he had moved from following
God’s Word. Trying to convince himself that God could
bring something good out of their sin, he had continued
in the relationship. On the basis of his feelings, a veil of
deception tightened over the eyes of his heart. Now he
was feeling terrible because he knew he needed to end
their relationship. He felt strongly that she was not the
woman God wanted him to marry.
Living in a culture where standards shift faster than
grains of sand in an hourglass, it’s easy to buy into the
lie that truth is relative. After all, who doesn’t feel more
comfortable living by what “feels right” in the moment,
especially when emotions speak so loudly?
But God’s Word doesn’t change (Psalm 119:89).
Consistent for eternity, God’s Word stands, not only
as our hope in times of desperation and uncertainty,
but also as our light even when we think we’ve got life
figured out (v.105).
Too often we try to put our house on the firm
foundation in the midst of a storm we’ve brought upon
ourselves. But, in reality, the building takes place long
before the winds rage. It happens in the everyday
decisions we make, in the times when the sun is still
shining and we’re choosing God’s ways or our own.
Unlike our feelings, God never lies and His plans never
fail (Numbers 23:19). There are times when we find it
easy to obey His Word because we feel its truth deep in our hearts. But there
are also times when we must choose obedience to its truths, whether we feel like
it or not. —Regina Franklin
Read Isaiah 55:1 to see why we need to exchange our feelings
for the truth of God’s Word—finding the promises that become
available to us when we obey.
How have your feelings for someone recently changed? How should
this experience change how you view your feelings? Why do you
sometimes try to negotiate with God when it comes
to obeying Him?
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more
- Clear View - How can you seek God’s wisdom and direction today?...read more
- Led by the Spirit - How do you distinguish between the leading of the Spirit and the whims and desires of your own heart?...read more
- No Longer Lost - Where have you seen God’s love and mercy in your life?...read more
- Grace that Motivates - How can we avoid the temptation to try and earn God’s approval by doing good deeds?...read more