Top Christian Music Videos
[God] knows what lies hidden in darkness, though He is surrounded
by light (v.22).
Marty, my hairdresser, told me about this guy she
knows—he has flames tattooed on his scalp.
With a full head of hair, no one can see the
inferno on his skull. But, when he shaves his head, the
fire is visible. It’s kind of a cool concept—now you see it,
now you don’t. Unless he chooses to share it, the tattoo is
his own little secret.
King Nebuchadnezzar had a secret. He refused
to disclose the contents of a disturbing dream. He
challenged his advisors not only to interpret the meaning
of the nightmare, but to describe the events in the dream
as well (Daniel 2:5).
As one of the king’s advisors, Daniel would be killed
unless he could detail and decipher Nebuchadnezzar’s
dream. Daniel prayed, and God revealed the dream to
him in a vision (v.19). King Nebuchadnezzar responded by
bowing down before Daniel and proclaiming, “Truly, your
God is the greatest of gods . . . a revealer of mysteries, for
you have been able to reveal this secret” (v.47).
The point here is not that we should all expect to name
and interpret dreams. It’s that God enabled Daniel to do
this because “[God] knows what lies hidden in darkness”
(v.22), and He sees everything—both our good deeds
and the shady stuff we’d rather not discuss. He’s aware
of our private addictions, corrupt thought patterns, and
the double crossing that we think no one notices. God
also knows that these kinds of secrets burn in our hearts like invisible fire.
Fortunately, there’s no “secret” so shocking that it can keep us from God’s
love. He’s the righteous Judge and—at the same time—He is love (1 John 4:8).
If we expose our secret sin and confess it to Him, He will “forgive us” and
“cleanse us from all wickedness” (1 John 1:9).
—Jennifer Benson Schuldt
Read Psalms 32:3 to see what happened when David came clean
When you remember that God’s all-seeing eyes are on you, how does that
prompt you to stop some actions and start others? Why do we sometimes
refuse to discuss our sin with God?
- Fireworks and Mercy - How does it make you feel to know that God understands your human frailty and has mercy on you?...read more
- Happy at You - Do you know deep down that God loves you dearly?...read more
- The Shepherd's Voice - Have you ever had an experience where you believe God spoke to you?...read more
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more