MemorialsHow could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?
Top Music Videos
While driving Ian and Wasswa (the 6-year-old Ugandan orphans I'm helping to raise) to school one morning, the discussion turned to the boys' future jobs.
Quickly chiming in with his career choice, Ian said, "Me, I'm going to be a doctor!" When I asked Wasswa what he'd like to do, he replied, "Auntie Rox, me, I'm going to ask God to give me wisdom."
Since then, nightly and of their own accord, the boys have prayed out loud, "Dear Jesus, please give us wisdom." Each time they do so, I'm filled with a deep sense of comfort, knowing that their request is preparing them to better know God and what He wants for their lives. The ultimate example of a child longing for godly wisdom is found in the book of Luke where we're given a glimpse of Jesus' adolescent years. It was then, while living with his parents in Galilee, that Jesus began to stand out from the other boys and girls his age. He would do unusual things, like the time when he was 12 and slipped away from his parents for three days to sit "among the religious teachers, listening to them and asking questions" (Luke 2:46).
As extraordinary as His behavior may have seemed, by opening His young heart and mind to God's Word, "Jesus grew in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and all the people" (Luke 2:52).
Asking for wisdom pleases the Lord (1 Kings 3:9-11). Receiving wisdom helps us draw nearer to God. This most practical gift also helps us determine the prudent actions we should take to ensure positive outcomes in life. Let's keep these wise words in mind, "If you become wise, you will be the one to benefit. If you scorn wisdom, you will be the one to suffer" (Proverbs 9:12).
, Roxanne Robbins
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Memorials - How could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?...read more
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more