Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
Eight years ago, I came to a point of crisis in my prayer life. We had lost two teenagers who were very involved in our youth ministry, watched our pastor face serious health issues, and traveled a difï¬cult road in our marriage because of all the ministry stress we were facing. Joining my husband in praying with a family during a hospital visit, I was ready to see God move. When I later found out that the little girl had died despite our prayers, turmoil ensued. "Why bother praying?" I said. My husband, facing his own questions, had this answer: "Because God says so."
Telling them of the widow and the unjust judge (Luke 18:1-8), Jesus admonished His disciples to be persistent in prayer. Interestingly enough, He ends His lesson by saying, "But when the Son of Man, returns, how many will He ï¬nd who have faith?" (v.8). Countless times I have allowed the outcome to determine my level of faith, rather than letting my faith lead me to a deeper understanding of prayer.
Unable to escape circumstances, we allow them to blind us, and, subsequently, we lose sight of the battle. Daniel, however, submitted to God's will. In doing so, he refused to be moved from his declaration of faith in the power of God. He knew God would answer (Daniel 10:12-19). In 2 Corinthians 5:7 we read, "We live by believing and not by seeing." Imagine the turn of events if Daniel had given up when the answer was delayed!
The enemy wants to keep us focused on self and distracted from the battle. While unconfessed sin and unforgiveness keeps our prayers from being heard (Isaiah 59:2; Matthew 6:15), we can know God hears when we submit to His will and remain immovable in our faith (1 John 5:14-15). , Regina Franklin, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more