LaughterHow do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?
Top Music Videos
Early for my lunch appointment, I was enjoying the quietness of my commute despite the bumper-to-bumper traffic. Suddenly, the ringing of my cell phone broke the silence. I answered it and heard my sister's cheerful voice say, "I've been waving to you for the past 5 minutes! You must be lost in thought!" "Where are you?" I asked. "In the car in front of you," was her incredulous response. I hadn't seen her waving because her rear window is darkly tinted.
As the body of Christ, we're called to live in community with one another. The idea of people watching us or knowing about the junk in our lives can make us uncomfortable. But being known by others is necessary, not only to meet our basic relationship needs, it also affords us a measure of safety from the enemy's devices.
Ananias and Sapphira had a well-known problem. They lied about giving all the proceeds from the sale of their property to the church. Judgment came because they pretended to be something they weren't. Playing a role to imitate the sincerity of those around them (Acts 4:34-37), they forgot that God knows the true condition of our hearts (Proverbs 24:12).
Believers who take seriously the presence of the Holy Spirit living in them recognize the following: Transparency means . . .
â€¢ pursuing "holiness and sincerity in all our dealings" (2 Corinthians 1:12).
â€¢ being honest with others about where we are spiritually (Ephesians 4:25).
â€¢ being willing to be admonished by those who love us (Proverbs 27:6).
Tinted windows may keep our cars cooler by allaying the sweltering summer heat, but tinted lives leave us open to the enemy. , Regina Franklin, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more