Faithful and TrueWhat experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?
Top Christian Music Videos
Curses & Conflicts
I will cause hostility between you and the
woman, and between your offspring and her
Conflicts. I haven’t found anyone who truly enjoys them. I, for one, will do anything possible to
avoid conflicts. For I desire and strive to live at peace with everyone (Romans 12:18; Hebrews 12:14).
Genesis 3:15 is about hostility and animosity. In this verse, God declares that He will cause enmity between
Satan and Eve. Why would God deliberately create enmity between the two?
Satan had succeeded in getting Adam and Eve to disobey God (vv.1-7). But he couldn’t get their
allegiance, because God intervened. God’s judgment, a curse on Satan, is tinged with hope and provides
a blessing for us today. It’s God’s first gracious and merciful act immediately after the fall. God caused the
hostility between the devil and Eve (v.15) in order to prevent Eve from giving her full allegiance to Satan.
The devil wants us to think of him as a friend (2 Corinthians 11:14). In setting up hostility between
Satan and Eve, God reminds us that Satan is no friend. He’s our great enemy! The apostle Peter, writing from
his own painful failure (Luke 22:31-34,56-62). warns us to “stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the
devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8). Genesis 3:15 speaks of Eve’s offspring (seed NKJV).
Many theologians believe the seed of the woman foreshadows the virgin birth of Christ. For in nature, the seed is in the male, not the female. So it appears that the promise of the Savior was first announced in the Garden of Eden—immediately after Adam and Eve had sinned. At that early time—the grace of God was revealed that allows us to be set free from the curse and conflict that came with sin. —K.T. Sim
• Romans 16:20
• Galatians 3:16
• Hebrews 2:14
How have you been oblivious to the subtle
temptations of the evil one? What will you do
to create some healthy conflict between you
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more