True FellowshipWhat comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?
Top Music Videos
Curses & Conflicts
I will cause hostility between you and the
woman, and between your offspring and her
Conflicts. I haven’t found anyone who truly enjoys them. I, for one, will do anything possible to
avoid conflicts. For I desire and strive to live at peace with everyone (Romans 12:18; Hebrews 12:14).
Genesis 3:15 is about hostility and animosity. In this verse, God declares that He will cause enmity between
Satan and Eve. Why would God deliberately create enmity between the two?
Satan had succeeded in getting Adam and Eve to disobey God (vv.1-7). But he couldn’t get their
allegiance, because God intervened. God’s judgment, a curse on Satan, is tinged with hope and provides
a blessing for us today. It’s God’s first gracious and merciful act immediately after the fall. God caused the
hostility between the devil and Eve (v.15) in order to prevent Eve from giving her full allegiance to Satan.
The devil wants us to think of him as a friend (2 Corinthians 11:14). In setting up hostility between
Satan and Eve, God reminds us that Satan is no friend. He’s our great enemy! The apostle Peter, writing from
his own painful failure (Luke 22:31-34,56-62). warns us to “stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the
devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8). Genesis 3:15 speaks of Eve’s offspring (seed NKJV).
Many theologians believe the seed of the woman foreshadows the virgin birth of Christ. For in nature, the seed is in the male, not the female. So it appears that the promise of the Savior was first announced in the Garden of Eden—immediately after Adam and Eve had sinned. At that early time—the grace of God was revealed that allows us to be set free from the curse and conflict that came with sin. —K.T. Sim
• Romans 16:20
• Galatians 3:16
• Hebrews 2:14
How have you been oblivious to the subtle
temptations of the evil one? What will you do
to create some healthy conflict between you
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more
- Stuff We Need - How can you give lavishly to God and others today?...read more
- Rising Above - What difficulties have caused you to experience distress recently?...read more
- God Our Restorer - Are you in need of God’s restorative power today?...read more
- You're Called - Are you dissatisfied with your present calling?...read more
- The Art of Joy - What has hindered you from experiencing joy this week?...read more