Rejoicing in Deep NeedWhat happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?
Top Christian Music Videos
Curses & Conflicts
I will cause hostility between you and the
woman, and between your offspring and her
Conflicts. I haven’t found anyone who truly enjoys them. I, for one, will do anything possible to
avoid conflicts. For I desire and strive to live at peace with everyone (Romans 12:18; Hebrews 12:14).
Genesis 3:15 is about hostility and animosity. In this verse, God declares that He will cause enmity between
Satan and Eve. Why would God deliberately create enmity between the two?
Satan had succeeded in getting Adam and Eve to disobey God (vv.1-7). But he couldn’t get their
allegiance, because God intervened. God’s judgment, a curse on Satan, is tinged with hope and provides
a blessing for us today. It’s God’s first gracious and merciful act immediately after the fall. God caused the
hostility between the devil and Eve (v.15) in order to prevent Eve from giving her full allegiance to Satan.
The devil wants us to think of him as a friend (2 Corinthians 11:14). In setting up hostility between
Satan and Eve, God reminds us that Satan is no friend. He’s our great enemy! The apostle Peter, writing from
his own painful failure (Luke 22:31-34,56-62). warns us to “stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the
devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8). Genesis 3:15 speaks of Eve’s offspring (seed NKJV).
Many theologians believe the seed of the woman foreshadows the virgin birth of Christ. For in nature, the seed is in the male, not the female. So it appears that the promise of the Savior was first announced in the Garden of Eden—immediately after Adam and Eve had sinned. At that early time—the grace of God was revealed that allows us to be set free from the curse and conflict that came with sin. —K.T. Sim
• Romans 16:20
• Galatians 3:16
• Hebrews 2:14
How have you been oblivious to the subtle
temptations of the evil one? What will you do
to create some healthy conflict between you
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more
- The Presence of Jesus - What past or current sinful choice has caused you to experience shame?...read more