Sweet MusicWhat things have you been trying to handle without prayer?
Top Music Videos
One hour and 36 minutes until deadline. Having returned to full-time teaching this year, I'm learning the complexities of balancing a job along with working with my husband in ministry and continuing my writing. All of which trail the two main roles in my life, wife and mom. Life is far from predictable. Some days, most days, it feels impossible. Tempted to live in the land of "never enough time," I can either become overwhelmed or wait expectantly on the Lord. Only one choice allows my life to become a daily transfer of the impossible to the possible (Luke 1:37).
Because the secular world thrives on a treadmill of activity, we can mistakenly demonize any level of busyness. While we need to be aware of the reasons for our packed schedules and regularly assess their validity, the need for time does not always suggest a lack of order. Sometimes it is the presentation of a divine opportunity.
When Jesus ministered to the multitudes and became aware of their hunger, He didn't chastise them for their lack of preparation (Mark 6:35-37). He fed them. Their need was not a result of sin; it came as a revelation of the kingdom, both in their spiritual hunger and their physical satisfaction (vv.42-44).
God wants to unfold in our lives His principle of kingdom provision, where "not enough" becomes the assurance that He "is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think" (Ephesians 3:20). Not because we are asking for our own desires, but because we are working for His (James 4:3).
When we've given all we have with the heart of a faithful steward, we have only to wait. He will provide. Present the need to Him and wait on His perfect timing. , Regina Franklin
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more