Always LovedEven before he made the world, God loved us and chose us.
Top Christian Music Videos
At His Word
It was by faith that Moses’ parents hid him for three months when he was born. They saw that God had given them an unusual child, and they were not afraid to disobey the king’s command (Hebrews 11:23).
It goes without saying that Katie Davis is an exceptionalyoung woman. At just 19 years old, she began serving needy children in Uganda—leaving behind the creature comforts of America. And now, at 22, her work—Amazima Ministries—pays the tuition for 450 Ugandan children to attend a Christian school and also feeds 1,600 hungry children in the community. She personally cares for 13 orphans who live with her—providing them with food, clothing, and a home-school education. What’s funny is that Katie doesn’t see her life as something special. She’s simply taking God at His Word—following His lead in caring for the less fortunate.
The risks and total surrender to God’s will that Katie has lived out reminds me of a woman named Jochebed (Exodus 6:20). This woman took an incredible risk in hiding her Jewish son because the Pharaoh of Egypt had declared that “every newborn Hebrew boy [be thrown] into the Nile River” (1:22). She hid the boy for 3 months, then placed him in a small basket sealed “with tar and pitch” and placed it in the reeds along the bank of the Nile (2:3).
This act was later lifted up by the writer of Hebrews as a display of great faith: “It was by faith that Moses’ parents hid him for three months when he was born. They saw that God had given them an unusual child, and they were not afraid to disobey the king’s command” (Hebrews 11:23). In other words, they risked it all because they were taking God at His Word.
Jochebed’s little baby became the great leader of the Israelites—Moses. He led God’s people out of Egypt—saving the lives of countless men, women, and children.
Taking God at His Word may include risk. But there’s great reward in following Him. Just ask Jochebed—and Katie.
What is God calling you to risk for Him? What key questions should be answered before taking a risk for God?
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more