Happy at YouDo you know deep down that God loves you dearly?
Top Christian Music Videos
At His Word
It was by faith that Moses’ parents hid him for three months when he was born. They saw that God had given them an unusual child, and they were not afraid to disobey the king’s command (Hebrews 11:23).
It goes without saying that Katie Davis is an exceptionalyoung woman. At just 19 years old, she began serving needy children in Uganda—leaving behind the creature comforts of America. And now, at 22, her work—Amazima Ministries—pays the tuition for 450 Ugandan children to attend a Christian school and also feeds 1,600 hungry children in the community. She personally cares for 13 orphans who live with her—providing them with food, clothing, and a home-school education. What’s funny is that Katie doesn’t see her life as something special. She’s simply taking God at His Word—following His lead in caring for the less fortunate.
The risks and total surrender to God’s will that Katie has lived out reminds me of a woman named Jochebed (Exodus 6:20). This woman took an incredible risk in hiding her Jewish son because the Pharaoh of Egypt had declared that “every newborn Hebrew boy [be thrown] into the Nile River” (1:22). She hid the boy for 3 months, then placed him in a small basket sealed “with tar and pitch” and placed it in the reeds along the bank of the Nile (2:3).
This act was later lifted up by the writer of Hebrews as a display of great faith: “It was by faith that Moses’ parents hid him for three months when he was born. They saw that God had given them an unusual child, and they were not afraid to disobey the king’s command” (Hebrews 11:23). In other words, they risked it all because they were taking God at His Word.
Jochebed’s little baby became the great leader of the Israelites—Moses. He led God’s people out of Egypt—saving the lives of countless men, women, and children.
Taking God at His Word may include risk. But there’s great reward in following Him. Just ask Jochebed—and Katie.
What is God calling you to risk for Him? What key questions should be answered before taking a risk for God?
- Happy at You - Do you know deep down that God loves you dearly?...read more
- The Shepherd's Voice - Have you ever had an experience where you believe God spoke to you?...read more
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more