Offering Refuge and HopeHow can you practically and prayerfully support refugees?
Top Music Videos
In God’s Presence
Inside the tent of meeting, the Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend (v.11).
During Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003, military chaplain Cary Cash served with the US military’s 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment as they battled their way to Baghdad. After the regiment secured Saddam Hussein’s Almilyah presidential palace, a young marine—ministered to by Cash—bowed and received Jesus as his Savior. Later, the chaplain baptized the young man in the inner sanctum of the palace. In his book A Table in the Presence, Cash writes: “A place that had been known for the presence of darkness and treachery had become a place of the presence of God—a table in the presence.”
God’s presence can be found wherever His people are present. But it hasn’t always been that way. In Exodus, we find Moses leading the Israelites from bondage in Egypt to freedom in the Promised Land (33:1). Along the way, Moses would set up a “tent of meeting” to consult with God—to be in His presence (v.7). It’s interesting that Moses would have the tent set up outside of the camp.
Then God gave Moses some special plans for a new meeting place. It was called the tabernacle, and it was placed in the center of the camp (Numbers 2:17). Jesus, however, made it possible now by His sacrifice and the sending of the Holy Spirit for God to dwell in the center of our heart. The apostle Paul wrote, “This is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing His glory” (Colossians 1:27).
No longer do we who believe in Jesus and have received salvation have to go outside to a tent or tabernacle to meet with God. God is with us! He’s within us! Every struggle, every victory, every prayer occurs in His presence.
Today, remember that you are in the very presence of God!
Read 2 Corinthians 2:16 to see what object Paul uses as a euphemism for our bodies and where he says God is present.
How has the fact that God “lives in you” changed the way you live? How does the presence of God affect those who experience it?
- Offering Refuge and Hope - How can you practically and prayerfully support refugees?...read more
- Songs Before Dawn - How will you use your voice to let the good news ring out today?...read more
- Uber Conversations - How do the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit model a loving relationship?...read more
- Prayer on an Airplane - How can you prepare to share the hope you have in Jesus?...read more
- Adding Interest? - Is there something you’re holding back from God?...read more
- Lord of the Cosmos - What does Jesus being “Lord of the cosmos” mean for your future?...read more
- Farming Hope - What trial are you facing today?...read more
- Because of Sunday - How can you learn to imitate Jesus and His mindset as you face conflict?...read more
- Our Real and Present God - When have you grappled with questions about God’s nearness and presence?...read more
- Gift of Tears - What triggers your emotions?...read more
- Faith in the Fields - Jesus urged His disciples to tell people about Him for “the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”...read more
- Pizza and God's Presence - When do you feel most vulnerable?...read more
- Peace and Contentment - What changes could you make to better “seek the Kingdom of God above all else”?...read more
- Beauty of Diversity - Do your relationships reflect the beautiful diversity of the early church?...read more
- Starting Small - Read Philippians 1:6 and consider how God will finish the good work He started in you....read more
- “For God’s Sake!” - What have been your responses to particularly painful moments in life?...read more