The Gentle WayWhat does it look like for you to live out Jesus’ gentleness before others?
Top Christian Music Videos
So let us stop going over the basic teachings about
Christ again and again. Let us go on instead and
become mature in our understanding (6:1).
Brooke Greenberg likes to giggle and crawl around
just like any other toddler. She’s 76 cm (30 inches)
tall and weighs about 7 kg (16 pounds), but
Brooke was born in 1993. At 18 years old, she’s
still trapped in the body of a 1-year-old due to a rare
condition called Syndrome X. A doctor observed, “Her
cellular age does not match her actual age.”
When the author of Hebrews penned his epistle, he
addressed the spiritual immaturity of his audience. His
concern was that they were acting like spiritual babies
who needed basic instruction instead of more advanced
teaching (5:13). The writer wanted to give them real
spiritual meat, but they hadn’t developed beyond the
intake of spiritual milk. Though they’d been believers
long enough to be teaching others (v.12), they hadn’t
been growing in their knowledge of the Word of God.
This stifling inertia had left them “spiritually dull” (v.11).
They lacked maturity to discern the basic difference
between right and wrong (v.14). In fact, they were
clueless about doing the right things (v.13).
So the author challenged them to move on to maturity
and the deeper truths of the faith (6:1-3). But just prior to
his appeal, he gave them the secret to maturity: Spiritual
maturity comes from the constant application of God’s
Word into the situations of life (5:14). It’s not something
that just develops automatically over time.
Recently, I was reminded that God is more concerned about the way we do
the tasks He’s entrusted to us than in our ability to simply get them done. This is
because He wants us to become like Jesus. But many of us are more concerned
about accomplishing our to-do list than in Christ being formed in us.
Let’s seek to become mature in Jesus as we passionately feed on His Word
and live out its wisdom. —Poh Fang Chia
Read Luke 8:12-14 to see
the things that can stifle
our maturation in Christ.
What situations are you
facing at work, at home,
or in church that require
biblical wisdom? What
principles found in God’s
Word will you apply to
- The Gentle Way - What does it look like for you to live out Jesus’ gentleness before others?...read more
- Fireworks and Mercy - How does it make you feel to know that God understands your human frailty and has mercy on you?...read more
- Happy at You - Do you know deep down that God loves you dearly?...read more
- The Shepherd's Voice - Have you ever had an experience where you believe God spoke to you?...read more
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more