In the GapWhat has God equipped you with to intercede for others?
Top Christian Music Videos
chariots and computers
I stared at the blank screen on my computer. It wasn’t a white page beckoning me to fill it with words—it was totally dark. I jiggled the mouse. Nothing. I removed the battery and tried to start it with just the power cord plugged in. Still nothing. Finally, the screen blinked to life. Back in business, I thought. Then, the machine blacked out again, and I knew a new computer was in my future.
With a writing deadline just a few days away, I tried not to worry. Some words to a song came to mind . . . Some trust in chariots, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God (Psalm 20:7). Each challenge we face leads us to question: Will we trust in our own resources and strength, or will we rely on God for the outcome?
It’s God who gives victory, and the Israelites had many chances to experience this as they battled with the nations that inhabited Canaan. Some of these nations were more powerful than the Israelites (Deuteronomy 7:1). But, in the end, God’s people correctly credited Him for their victories.
Generations later, they remembered that their forefathers didn’t win battles because of their own strategies or weapons. They sang to God, “You drove out the pagan nations by your power,” and “It was your right hand and strong arm and the blinding light from your face that helped them, for you loved them” (Psalm 44:2-3).
As God’s children, we have the assurance that God loves us, helps us, and is responsible for any success in our lives. These truths can strengthen us when we face challenges of many kinds. Yes, computers may break down, chariots may lose their wheels, but God can still enable us to “do mighty things” for His glory (60:12). —Jennifer Benson Schuldt
It was your right hand and strong arm . . . that helped them (v.3). more›
What happens to your relationship with God when you take the credit for the success He’s given? How might a person balance confidence in a God-given skill with confidence in God?
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more
- Winning Wars - How has God equipped others to help you make wise decisions?...read more