Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Daily Devotional - February 22, 2013 "Counting the Cost"2/21/2013 - Jesus’ good friend Lazarus had died (John 11:14,17). And so He performed an amazing miracle by raising Lazarus from the dead (vv.43-44)—leading many who came to the funeral to believe in Him (v.45).
- Daily Devotional - February 21, 2013 "Lawn Libraries"2/20/2013 - Nancy Johnson went for a walk and discovered a little library in a neighbor’s yard. It’s estimated that there are now between 300 to 400 small libraries lodged in people’s lawns around the world.
- Daily Devotional - February 20, 2013 "The God Who Suffered"2/19/2013 - People tell me that you can turn any smoothie or shake into a snack loaded with vitamins and antioxidants.
- Daily Devotional - February 19, 2013 "Pray for Them"2/18/2013 - In his book Life Together, Dietrich Bonhoeffer states: “A Christian fellowship lives and exists by the intercession of its members for one another, or it collapses. I can no longer condemn or hate a brother for whom I pray, no matter how much trouble he causes me.
- Daily Devotional - February 18, 2013 "Justice and Faith"2/17/2013 - As a friend and I watched our children play in the pool, I had no idea that I would soon be swimming in my capris.
- Daily Devotional - February 17, 2013 "Taking the Wheel"2/16/2013 - Last spring, Jeremy Wuitschick was riding on his school bus with 11 other middle-school students when the bus driver passed out. Wuitschick sprang from his seat and ran up and took the wheel from the unconscious driver.
- Daily Devotional - February 16, 2013 "Forgive and Forget?"2/15/2013 - Sergei said to his pastor, “It’s been 2 years since Danica cheated on me, and I still can’t get past the hurt. Some days I think I’ve moved on, but the pain is always lurking beneath the surface, ready to explode in the most unexpected moments.
- Daily Devotional - February 15, 2013 "A Prize Awaits"2/14/2013 - How do I decide what to write in my ODJ article? Each month, I move down the list of 66 books in the Bible, and pick a passage from three books to write on.
- Daily Devotional - February 14, 2013 "Pearls to Pigs"2/13/2013 - I have always been perplexed by today’s reading in Matthew 7. What are these “pearls” being spoken of and who are the “pigs” we’re not to throw them to?
- Daily Devotional - February 13, 2013 "Marked"2/12/2013 - Wednesday is commemorated 40 days before Good Friday. The officiating minister marks the forehead of each person with ashes in the sign of the cross.
- Daily Devotional - February 12, 2013 "Recalculating Relationships"2/11/2013 - husbands. He said something like this: GPS: “Compliment your wife’s appearance.” Comedian: “Hey, honey, you look really good.”
- Daily Devotional - February 11, 2013 "Back From the Dead"2/10/2013 - The young Argentinean couple grieved over their baby. The medical staff pronounced the baby stillborn and hurried the body away.
- Daily Devotional - February 10, 2013 "Just Say the Word"2/10/2013 - When a man entered a Denny’s restaurant proclaiming that he was the new boss, manager Tracy Brant didn’t buy it.
- Daily Devotional - February 9, 2013 "Walk Worthy of God"2/8/2013 - Congratulations for doing so well!” Friends and family recently showered me with kudos. But it was due to the fact that my daughter had done exceptionally well in her national examinations.
- Daily Devotional - February 8, 2013 "Live Prepared"2/7/2013 - On a recent family trip to the mountains, we were driving late at night through thickly wooded areas. A small bright gleam to the left captured our attention, and my husband quickly slowed the car as two deer leaped across our path.
- Daily Devotional - February 7, 2013 "Opening Up" 2/6/2013 - Recently, my wife and I had the privilege of speaking on the topic of Loving One Another at a marriage retreat.