Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Daily Devotional - January 23, 2013 "Dinner and a Sinner"1/22/2013 - Several years ago, while vacationing in Washington, DC, my family noticed a large crowd forming in front of a popular downtown theater.
- Daily Devotional - January 22, 2013 "Freely Given"1/21/2013 - At the end of a long day, I took a quick moment to get a jumpstart on my work email—striving to preempt any surprises I might face at 8 o’clock the next morning.
- Daily Devotional - January 21, 2013 "Rebuilding the Altar"1/20/2013 - Each New Year promises the opportunity to start afresh—the prospect of a new beginning. The Israelites had been a rebellious and disobedient people.
- Daily Devotional - January 19, 2013 "Keep All"1/19/2013 - I love knowledge. As a child, after stumbling across a picture Bible in the library, I wanted to read the real Bible.
- Daily Devotional - January 19, 2013 "He Broke Our Fall"1/18/2013 - Last year, Brad Pitt was hobbling around with a cane after having torn his ACL—a ligament in his knee. He told reporters, “I was carrying my daughter down the hill and I slipped. It was either her or me” who would get hurt.
- Daily Devotional - January 18, 2013 "Toughest Critic"1/17/2013 - Have you, like me, ever had a person in your life who in many ways is a friend, but is also your toughest critic? If so, do you wonder how to respond properly to this person?
- Daily Devotional - January 17, 2013 "What God Looks Like"1/16/2013 - In March of 2012, Americans listened with regret and repulsion as we heard reports of an American soldier in Afghanistan who went on a killing spree in a rural Afghan village.
- Daily Devotional - January 16, 2013 "In a Word"1/15/2013 - This past week I’ve been working on a labor of love. My wife, Lynn, is reaching a significant birthday milestone, so I’ve decided to throw her a party. One game I came up with is “Lynn in a word.”
- Daily Devotional - January 14, 2013 "True Value"1/13/2013 - Johannes Gutenberg had an idea that would change the world, but he needed money to finance it.
- Daily Devotional - January 13, 2013 "Accepting Correction"1/12/2013 - “Atheists are so limp-wristed because they have nothing to stand for! #ultimatecowards” “Atheists have no morality. They will hug a tree and murder a baby in its mother’s womb! #confused”
- Daily Devotional - January 12, 2013 "The Benefits of Giving"1/11/2013 - Did you know that the apostle Paul never quotes Jesus in any of his New Testament books?
- Daily Devotional - January 11, 2013 "Not Fooled"1/11/2013 - “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” —Mark Twain
- Daily Devotional - January 9, 2013 "Don't Stop"1/8/2013 - He was alone for most of his ministry. It seemed that no one cared to hear his words.
- Daily Devotional - January 7, 2013 "Victorious Faith"1/6/2013 - Tukutana, the nonprofit organization I direct in East Africa, is funding the education of a young lady named Acayo Sarah.
- Daily Devotional - January 6, 2013 "The Shrinking Self"1/5/2013 - My boys like to play tag. For the moment I can still outrun them. One of our favorite spots to play is a green space in our neighborhood.
- Daily Devotional - January 5, 2013 "Turning Away" 1/4/2013 - His tears revealed the sincerity of his sorrow. My young friend, a member of the youth group I work with, was torn up inside.