Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Hear the Word9/2/2014 - God’s Word isn’t just letters on a page. It’s “alive and powerful”—making things happen
- Faith at Great Risk9/1/2014 - How has God blessed you as you’ve placed your trust in Him? How can you use your profession to advance His kingdom?
- Great Expectations8/31/2014 - Whatever our roles, we all hold positions of authority or influence. Let’s seek to use our words with wisdom and be careful of our underlying expectations of others.
- The Seventh Commandment8/30/2014 - How can you practically love God with all your heart, soul, and strength? How does loving God help you steer clear of sexual sin?
- Get Even?8/29/2014 - “Getting even” may give you the edge in the business world, but it will definitely wreak havoc in your inner world.
- Flood of Justice8/28/2014 - God judges sin because he loathes what it does to us and to others. There is no other motive in God, nothing deeper than His love for us.
- Destructive Pride8/27/2014 - “Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall” (Proverbs 16:18).
- Spiritual Self-Examination8/26/2014 - Peering into our own souls can uncover sin that may be the cause of suffering in our lives.
- The Source8/25/2014 - And how did Zacchaeus become a force for good? Through the simple grace and friendship of Christ.
- Staying Alert8/24/2014 - In 1 Corinthians 10, Paul warns us not to become arrogant—to think we’re strong enough to withstand any temptation (v.12).
- The Tale of Three Men8/23/2014 - When our names are mentioned in the future, what will be said of us? Christlike man? Christlike woman?
- The Long Wait8/22/2014 - The concept of endurance isn’t exciting. To endure means to keep going. It’s to stay true to our commitment and not give up.
- Don't Judge8/21/2014 - What did Jesus mean when He said, “Do not judge others”?
- Tested8/20/2014 - Will we remain the heavy clump of spiritual knowledge with a tendency toward pride, or will we be sifted into the impassioned yet humble messenger of His truth?
- Where's God?8/19/2014 - God is with us. He told Joel that He was “among [His] people” and that He remained “the LORD [their] God” (v.27). Likewise, He will never fail or abandon us (Hebrews 13:5).
- Rules of Grief8/18/2014 - I’m learning that it’s okay to grieve. Solomon observed that there’s a time for everything, including “a time to cry” and “a time to grieve” (Ecclesiastes 3:4).