“God calls us to reach out to those who are different from us, but how far are we supposed to go?”
- Daily Devotional - October 15, 2012 "Prayer With Others"10/14/2012 - Early in His earthly ministry, Jesus sat down on the side of a mountain and delivered one His most memorable and stirring sermons (Matthew 5:3–7:27).
- Daily Devotional - October 14, 2012 "A Time to Speak "10/13/2012 - I just don’t know what you want,” he said in exasperation. “Well, if you don’t know after all these years, I guess you never will!” she replied bitterly.
- Daily Devotional - October 13, 2012 "Unlikely Candidates"10/12/2012 - According to Martin Luther, Jesus was standing with sinners even from His birth. Luther wrote, “Christ is the kind of person who is not ashamed of sinners—in fact, He even puts them in His family tree!”
- Daily Devotional - October 12, 2012 "Listening Walk"10/11/2012 - One day my son Alex and I took a “listening walk” around our neighborhood. We circled the block in silence and then settled on the front step of our house to name the sounds we heard.
- Daily Devotional - October 11, 2012 "Hospitality"10/10/2012 - The disciples went fishing because they were hungry and, frankly, there wasn’t much else to do (John 21:3). Their lives had taken a dramatic turn for the third time in about as many weeks.
- Daily Devotional - October 10, 2012 "No Sex Week"10/9/2012 - For several years, Yale University—an elite institution in the US—allowed students to engage in an annual 7-day sexual frenzy known as Sex Week at Yale.
- Daily Devotional - October 09, 2012 "Flying"10/8/2012 - Just at that moment the Lord of the Eagles swept down from above, seized him in his talons, and was gone.” —from The Hobbit
- Daily Devotional - October 08, 2012 "Diplomas in the Deep"10/7/2012 - In the early 1900s, John went to the US to receive his education. He completed his bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. degrees in just 5 years.
- Daily Devotional - October 07, 2012 "Go, Influence"10/6/2012 - If you’re a believer in Jesus, you’re called to influence society. Jesus not only calls you to be His friend (John 15:15), but also to be His salt and His light (Matthew 5:13-14).
- Daily Devotional - October 06, 2012 "Generous"10/5/2012 - Last year at Christmas, anonymous donors in several US cities surprised shoppers at a department store chain with generosity.
- Daily Devotional - October 05, 2012 "Reject Apathy"10/4/2012 - Job description: Rebuild national security. Deal with economic injustice. Snuff out internal strife. Initiate religious reforms. Remuneration: Threats, threats, and more threats. Would you give up a comfortable job at the “White House” to take this job?
- Daily Devotional - October 04, 2012 "But Wait, There’s More!"10/3/2012 - Ever watched an infomercial—a 30-minute commercial disguised as a TV program? I have! In fact, I know all about the Veg-O-Matic and the Pocket Fisherman.
- Daily Devotional - October 03, 2012 "Just One Thing Right"10/2/2012 - I prayed really hard,” she said, “‘Please, God, could just one thing go right forme?’ And one hour later I got a horrid case of the flu!” At the precipice of bitterness, she had legitimate questions. She cried out to God.
- Daily Devotional - October 02, 2012 "Contemplate the Beautiful"10/1/2012 - Edgar Allan Poe once wrote: “The pleasure which is at once the most pure, the most elevating, and the most intense, is derived, I maintain, from contemplation of the beautiful.”
- Daily Devotional - October 01, 2012 "Strike Back or Hold Back?"10/1/2012 - Hakkul, a snake charmer, opened three bags of snakes in a government office. Many of the serpents remained tangled together in a knot.
- Daily Devotional - September, 28 2012 "What’s Your Passion?"9/27/2012 - When asked what my seminary students are passionate about, I immediately ticked off a few issues of social justice—the plight of the poor, the rights of minorities, and ending slavery and sex trafficking.
No playlists found for this account.