Jesus told us to obey His commands, but He also said to follow Him.
- Daily Devotional, May 28, 2012 "Lowered to be Raised"5/27/2012 - This is going to be good.” While enjoying some coffee and catching up on life’s changes, I shared with my friend about a difficult choice I had made regarding my ministry responsibilities.
- Daily Devotional, May 25, 2012 "Another Advocate"5/24/2012 - When I was asked to say a few words at the farewell dinner for a friend who was emigrating, I Googled for some help. Here’s a sampling of what I found:
- Daily Devotional, May 24, 2012 "What Do You Worship?"5/23/2012 - Whether it’s a supernatural being . . . science, money, wisdom, information, ritual, power or love,” says social commentator Hugh Mackay, “most of us assign the status of god to something in our lives.”
- Daily Devotional, May 23, 2012 "Casualty Hookups"5/22/2012 - According to Dannah Gresh, casual hookups can lead to casualties. In an article for CNN titled Nothing Brief about a Hookup, the author presents a compelling scientific case for the bonding process that occurs between two people who have sex—a process of special chemicals being released during the encounter.
- Daily Devotional, May 22, 2012 "Time in a Bottle"5/21/2012 - Last year, Daniil Korotkikh, a 13-year-old Russian boy, was beachcombing on the Curonian Spit when he stumbled upon an old bottle poking out of the sand. He picked it up, uncorked it, and discovered a letter written 24 years earlier.
- Daily Devotional, May 21, 2012 "Grumble Rumble"5/20/2012 - Grumble Rumble is a website that allows you to air your complaints. It claims: “Our goal is to help you improve your life surroundings and reduce your stress by providing an easy, simple platform to register and resolve complaints.”
- Daily Devotional, May 18, 2012 "Excuses"5/18/2012 - Cyclist Tyler Hamilton had steadily advanced through the ranks of the US Postal Service team, and now he was on the verge of being included on the squad that would race in the Tour de France.
- Daily Devotional, May 17, 2012 "Highly Contagious"5/17/2012 - I rolled up my sleeve and looked away. The injection of immunoglobulin was going to sting, and I knew it. I knew, however, that it could prevent a battle with Hepatitis A.
- Daily Devotional, May 16, 2012 "Eyewitnesses"5/15/2012 - An eyewitness is one whose firsthand knowledge of a crime or an important event is used to ascertain the actual facts surrounding the event in a court of law. One witness is usually insufficient.
- Daily Devotional, May 15, 2012 "Meaning of Life"5/14/2012 - The meaning of your life is the meaning you give it,” writes philosopher A. C. Grayling in his book Thinking of Answers.
- Daily Devotional, May 14, 2012 "Secular State"5/13/2012 - A chimera is a bizarre-looking character found in Greek mythology. The fire-breathing female is composed from the parts of a lion, goat, and serpent.
- Daily Devotional, May 11, 2012 "Staying Grounded"5/10/2012 - Best-selling author John Eldredge recently wrote a book about Jesus titled Beautiful Outlaw. One of the things that struck Eldredge as he researched and wrote his new work was noting how grounded Jesus was as a person.
- Daily Devotional, May 10, 2012 "Grace From Surprising Places"5/9/2012 - In June 2011, pro hockey player Gilbert Brule was driving in Vancouver with his girlfriend. As they passed two hitchhikers, Brule blurted out, “That’s Bono!” Brule’s girlfriend wasn’t buying it
- Daily Devotional, May 9, 2012 "Held"5/8/2012 - Our kids often come home excited to tell us the interesting things they’ve learned in school. So when our 9-year-old asked me if I knew how to balance a book at least an inch high off the counter on just a sheet of paper, I knew there had to be a logical explanation though I couldn’t envision it.
- Daily Devotional, May 8, 2012 "Beyond The Standards"5/7/2012 - In 1957, a remarkable story written by Colonel William Draper appeared in Look magazine. The article was published under the title: “I Fly the President.”
- Daily Devotional, May 7, 2012 "Liberating Lordship"5/7/2012 - The King’s Speech depicts the surprising rise to power of Prince Albert, who became King George VI of England when his brother Edward abdicated the throne to marry an American divorcée.
No playlists found for this account.