Saulo was 16 when he drove the getaway car for a robbery that ended in murder. Now 32, Saulo says, “I remember sitting in the county jail...
- Daily Devotional - December 16, 2012 "Narrow Road, Eternal Life"12/15/2012 - One of the most prevalent of modern myths is the idea that boundary-less living leads to freedom
- Daily Devotional - December 15, 2012 "Positive ID"12/15/2012 - I was pushing my daughter’s pink stroller up and down the aisles of an auto-parts store when my toddler excitedly began pointing straight ahead at a fellow customer who looked just like the pictures of Jesus in her illustrated Bible.
- Daily Devotional - December 14, 2012 "The Comfort of God"12/14/2012 - Sometimes I wish life was like more like an episode of the television drama House. The show is about an egotistical but genius medical sleuth (Dr. Gregory House) who diagnoses and treats mysterious, life-threatening illnesses.
- Daily Devotional - December 13, 2012 "Sin Is Serious"12/12/2012 - David Head, in his book He Sent Leanness, overhauls a traditional public confession of sin found in the Book of Common Prayer and offers a satirical look at our shallow view of sin: “Benevolent and easy-going Parent: We have occasionally had some minor errors of judgment, but they’re not really our fault.
- Daily Devotional - December 12, 2012 "When Giving Isn’t Helping"12/11/2012 - Street kids populate most intersections in Uganda’s capital city Kampala. I know many of the children by name, and when I’m stopped in traffic they regularly congregate at my car to talk and laugh with me.
- Daily Devotional - December 11, 2012 "Identity Tags"12/11/2012 - In 2010, an estimated 10.8 million babies were born every month—meaning 362,000 babies were born every day, four babies every second.
- Daily Devotional - December 10, 2012 "Workaholic or Fool"12/9/2012 - There was a man who worked 70 hours a week. Fortunately, he loved his job. He brought home a nice paycheck and provided good things for his family.
- Daily Devotional - December 9, 2012 "Mary’s Risky Calling"12/8/2012 - “May everything you have said about me come true” (Luke 1:38).
- Daily Devotional - December 8, 2012 "Man and Woman "12/7/2012 - Ah, December . . . shimmering, white snow caressing the ground—and streets. But in time, traffic and dirt will alter the roadside snow, resulting in a sullied state.
- Daily Devotional - December 7, 2012 "Looking"12/6/2012 - Having grown up in a nonliturgical denomination, I remember the first time my family celebrated Christmas with an Advent wreath.
- Daily Devotional - December 6, 2012 "The Gift of (Not) Being God"12/6/2012 - Watching a recent fictionalized history of early Roman conquests, I could see that there were no limits to what they felt they could accomplish.
- Daily Devotional - December 5, 2012 "Help Without Hurting"12/4/2012 - Every summer, female sea turtles trudge out of the sea and onto the beach where they lay their eggs. The baby turtles that eventually hatch follow the light of the moon as they scurry back to the sea
- Daily Devotional - December 4, 2012 "Breathing Easy"12/3/2012 - There’s a new cell phone app that claims it can help you de-stress. To use it, you have to clip a heart-rate monitor to your ear.
- Daily Devotional - December 3, 2012 "Born to Die"12/3/2012 - We’re well into that special time of the year when our focus turns to the celebration of Jesus’ birth (Luke 2:1-20).
- Daily Devotional - December 2, 2012 "Leave Room for God"12/2/2012 - A TV commercial begins with a boy sitting in a play tree house, taunting a grandma and a baby because he has the family’s bag of Doritos chips, and they don’t.
- Daily Devotional - December 1, 2012 "Every Breath You Take"11/30/2012 - I had never given much thought to the value of a single breath until I encountered 2-week-old Nicole in an orphanage in East Africa.
No playlists found for this account.