When We Fear We've Blown it (Genesis 13:1-4)January 17, 2023 ● 17 min
Share this episode
We've all experienced rejection throughout our lives, including times when we've messed up. We may be accustomed to, and therefore have come to expect, others cutting us off or distancing themselves from us when we sin. We may even assume God will respond to us in a similar way, but this is far from what we see in Scripture. In this episode, Carol and Jennifer discuss a biblical example of a major mess up, how Abram, the man who sinned, responded, how God responded to him, and what this reveals about His heart toward us.
Find Carol McCracken at:
Find Jennifer Slattery at:
Find Wholly Loved, at:
Find Wholly Loved Ministries at:
Join the private Faith Over Fear Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/442736966614671
Join the Private Wholly Loved Community Group (also on Facebook):
Group Discussion Questions:
- What resonated with you most in this episode?
- How do you tend to respond after you've sinned? Do you tend to turn to God or distance yourself from Him?
- What have you seen, read, or experienced regarding God's heart that you can remember and reflect on whenever or if ever you fear God's rejection?
- Why is it important to focus on God's character, not our guilt, when attempting to live more deeply connected to and empowered by God?
- 1 John 1:9 tells us that whenever we acknowledge our sins to God, and each time that we do, that He forgives us and cleanses us from all unrighteousness. What are some sins, then, that He forgives us of?
- Considering the use of the word "all" in 1 John 1:9, what sins does God not forgive?
- Again, considering 1 John 1:9 and its discussion of God's purification, what does this mean in terms of our holiness or sinfulness after we turn to God and acknowledge our sin?
- Why might it be important to remember God indeed purifies us from "all" unrighteousness?
- What is one action step God might be asking you to take as a result of listening to this podcast.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
A Prayer for God to Make it Happen - Your Daily Prayer - February 8
Prayer is powerful. Our prayers are heard in heaven. Scripture says the Lord is already on the move in response before we are done praying. He loves us, His children. So why does it feel like our prayers go unnoticed and unanswered at times?
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
10 Best Hymns and Songs For Lent
As we prepare for Christ's Resurrection during the season of Lent, we must praise God's sacrifice of His only Son. Whether you connect through traditional hymns or modern worship songs, sing from your heart and rejoice in God's gift of salvation! Here are the 10 best hymns and songs for Lent.