Uncovering What’s Beneath Our Emotional Reactions with Steve Carter – Ep. 69August 31, 2021 ● 30 min
Share this episode
Steve Carter is a pastor, speaker, author, podcast host, and the former lead teaching pastor of Willow Creek Community Church in Chicago. He hosts the Craft & Character podcast where he helps people get better at the art of communication while ensuring their character always leads the way. He also cohosts, with NFL players Sam Acho and Trey Burton, the popular Home Team Podcast. His desire is to bring Jesus into every conversation and space he occupies.
Be sure to check out Steve's book: The Thing Beneath the Thing: What's Hidden Inside (and What God Helps Us Do About It)
Find Wholly Loved, at:
Join the private Faith Over Fear Group Here:
Group Discussion Questions:
1. How comfortable are you with being emotionally honest?
2. Do your typical reactions tend to be rooted in love or shame?
3. What might it look like to embrace a sense of curiosity when you behave in ways you wish you hadn’t?
4. How does it help you to know God’s focus is on teaching, not condemning, you?
5. What are some ways you guard your heart?
6. What are some ways you feed your heart?
7. What are some ways you remind yourself of your true north?
8. How can focusing on your true north help you in challenging situations?
9. What is one action step God is asking you to take this coming week to uncover and/or deal with your thing beneath the thing?
Episode Image Credit: Getty/Anastasia Usenko
A Prayer for Peace in a Relationship - Your Daily Prayer - September 18
The enemy is the thief of peace in our relationships, but God’s Word gives us the first step to take in restoring peace.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.