The Courage to Stop Powering Through and Start Resting – Ep. 29November 17, 2020 ● 29 min
Share this episode
In this episode, Jennifer Slattery, Tara Rye, and Tiffany Jones discuss the importance of taking time to simply sit in God’s presence. Learning to rest takes practice and intentionality but it may be one of the greatest ways we can actively fight our fears.
Find Tara at:
Find Jennifer Slattery at:
Find Wholly Loved, at:
Group Discussion Questions:
1. What resonated with you most in today’s episode and why?
2. What tends to be your first response when you feel anxious or face a challenge?
3. What typically makes it challenging to rest?
4. What are some ways you keep your prayer life fresh?
5. When you’re anxious, how often do you ask Jesus to show you what you need most in that moment?
6. What do you tend to think of when you think of a Sabbath?
7. What are some ways you feed your soul?
8. How does or has spending time in nature helped to bring you peace?
9. How does or has spending time in nature helped you experience God?
10. How might seeking help or guidance from a counselor help a person battle their fears?
Episode Image Credit: Getty/Malte Mueller
A Prayer for When it Feels Like Winter Will Never End - Your Daily Prayer - March 4
Dear God, why is it so hard for me to believe that spring is coming?
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
10 Good Friday Hymns and Worship Songs about Jesus Christ
Here we have gathered ten traditional Christian hymns related to Good Friday and Jesus on the cross for praising and rejoicing in Christ's sacrifice for our sins. Let us sing our thanks to the Lord full-heartedly and remember to live by faith in Him! Also, find a Spotify playlist at the end of this article to listen to at your convenience. May God bless you this Good Friday and Easter season!