The Courage to Stop Powering Through and Start Resting – Ep. 29November 17, 2020 ● 29 min
Share this episode
In this episode, Jennifer Slattery, Tara Rye, and Tiffany Jones discuss the importance of taking time to simply sit in God’s presence. Learning to rest takes practice and intentionality but it may be one of the greatest ways we can actively fight our fears.
Find Tara at:
Find Jennifer Slattery at:
Find Wholly Loved, at:
Group Discussion Questions:
1. What resonated with you most in today’s episode and why?
2. What tends to be your first response when you feel anxious or face a challenge?
3. What typically makes it challenging to rest?
4. What are some ways you keep your prayer life fresh?
5. When you’re anxious, how often do you ask Jesus to show you what you need most in that moment?
6. What do you tend to think of when you think of a Sabbath?
7. What are some ways you feed your soul?
8. How does or has spending time in nature helped to bring you peace?
9. How does or has spending time in nature helped you experience God?
10. How might seeking help or guidance from a counselor help a person battle their fears?
Episode Image Credit: Getty/Malte Mueller
A Prayer for When Getting What You Wanted Wasn’t Enough - Your Daily Prayer - November 28
Something God has been teaching me (the hard way!) is that there is no dream that is deeply fulfilling outside of Him.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.