The Courage to Obey God – Ep. 24October 13, 2020 ● 30 min
Share this episode
Find Jennifer Slattery at:
Find her ministry, Wholly Loved, at:
Group Discussion Questions:
1. John Piper suggests disobedience stems from disbelief. What are your thoughts regarding that statement?
2. What truths regarding God’s character, power, and presence can strengthen your courage to obey?
3. Where do you find it most challenging to obey, and why is that?
4. What fears most challenge your obedience?
5. What might disobedience cost you?
6. What truths can you hold tight to in order to counter those fears?
7. Consider someone you know who handles conflict effectively. What makes their actions most effective?
8. Consider a time in your past when God called you to obey in an area. Did you obey? What was the outcome of that situation and your obedience or disobedience?
9. Sometimes it feels as if our obedience makes situations worse. How can we stand firm on truth and righteousness during those times?
10. Pause to pray. Ask God what He wants to say to you regarding your obedience to Him.
Episode Image Credit: Getty/Mykyta Dolmatov
A Prayer for Our Girls’ Confidence (in Christ) - Your Daily Prayer - October 21
I pray we can come together as believers in Christ and teach our girls what our Heavenly Father says about them.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
10 Powerful Quotes from The Chronicles of Narnia
There are few books that stand against the superb excellence that is “The Chronicles Of Narnia”. C.S. Lewis captivated our hearts and minds with Edmund, Lucy, Susan and Peter Pevensie as they started their journey into Narnia through a Wardrobe. From that moment they went through many wonderful encounters meeting friends along the way. They also went through many perils in their journey as well. And of course Aslan must be mentioned, since he is symbolic of Christ! The scene where the mice are eating through the ropes that tied him down in “The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe” is so powerful! Here are 10 powerful quotes from the series! Most of these involve Aslan because He is central to the entire theme of these books. These are in no particular order.