Faith and Fear (Genesis 18)March 14, 2023 ● 15 min
Share this episode
Have you ever been afraid to ask God for something because you’re afraid of messing up or displeasing God? Or that if you ask, it means you’re not submitted to Him? Or even that asking Him for something may alter His plans? God wants us to develop a holy reverential fear where we are unafraid to approach Him with our deepest concerns and questions. Join us as we walk through how to apply this truth to our everyday life, as we continue to journey through the Scriptures with Abraham. (Scroll down for discussion/reflective questions)
Find Kimi Miller:
Find Tami Wittrock:
Find Wholly Loved:
Join the private Faith Over Fear Facebook Group
Join the Private Wholly Loved Community Facebook Group
Find out about Wholly Loved's upcoming Radiant Event
- How would you describe your understanding of the reverential fear of the Lord?
- Have you ever been hesitant to approach God with your “asks?” Why or why not?
- Why do you think Abraham stopped asking God at 10?
- If you could ask God for anything right now, what would it be?
Step 1 - What is your heart motive behind this ask?
Step 2 - How are you approaching the Father (as a child)?
Step 3 - Pray and ask God what your step is (be still, wait, bold, step, etc.)
Step 4 - Don’t stop asking, but continue to submit to the Father’s will
5. What action can you take to grow your reverence (awe, wonder, honor) for God this week?
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
A Prayer of Blessing - Your Daily Prayer - March 30
Claim these words of promise over every one of your situations. The Lord will show up and bless your life as much as you allow Him to.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.