Courage for When Our Kids Doubt Their Faith – Ep. 27November 04, 2020 ● 31 min
Share this episode
In this episode host Jennifer Slattery speaks with Tom Hinders, a college pastor at one of Omaha, Nebraska’s larger churches to share how we can love our kids well during a time that will likely feel uncomfortable for both them and us.
Find Jennifer Slattery at:
Find her ministry, Wholly Loved, at:
Family Discussion Questions:
1. When your youth expresses doubts related to the faith, what fears does this most trigger in you?
2. What does it mean to listen well?
3. Why is it important that we learn to listen well when our children or youth express doubt?
4. When has a failure to listen to well-created conversation barriers between you and your child or youth?
5. What are some ways you can respond lovingly when your youth broaches a topic you don’t have answers for?
6. Why is it important we create a safe environment in which our kids can share how they feel and think honestly?
7. Who is your child or student most likely to come to when they have concerns, deep questions, and life challenges?
8. Why do you think it’s so common for people to place their faith in Jesus during or following a crisis?
9. Why is it important to be quick to apologize and repent when we, the adults, make a mistake or cause our child pain?
Episode Image Credit: Getty/Ponomariova_Maria
A Prayer for When Getting What You Wanted Wasn’t Enough - Your Daily Prayer - November 28
Something God has been teaching me (the hard way!) is that there is no dream that is deeply fulfilling outside of Him.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.