Why Does the Bible Say… Fill in the Blank? - Episode 31May 31, 2022 ● 26 min
Share this episode
Moms and dads, we aren’t doing our kids any favors when we skip these parts of the Bible.
In this episode, Catherine discusses what can happen when our kids get questions about parts of the Bible that they’ve never considered or even heard before. Then she offers 7 practical guidelines on how to approach these sections of Scripture with your kids.
1. Take away the ambush.
2. Don’t ignore the question.
3 .Don’t downplay the question.
4. Pray about it.
5. Get to work. (Research)
6. Stand on what you know.
7. Wrestle out loud.
ARTICLES & PODCASTS MENTIONED:
1. “How Do I Deal with the Terribly Disturbing Parts of Scripture?”: https://bit.ly/3wWtlC6
2. “Why Does the Bible Tell Women to be Silent and Not to Teach?”: https://bit.ly/38Xw1Gy
3. “Christian Kids Are Leaving the Faith. What Can We Do About It?”: https://bit.ly/3t0WUjt
4. CPCW Episode 2: “What is the Key for Our Kids to Have an Authentic Faith?”: https://bit.ly/3z7o5NJ
5. CPCW Episode 3: “How Do I Teach My Kids to Contend for Their Faith?”: https://bit.ly/3a5DDa6
A New Kind of Apologist by Sean McDowell: https://bit.ly/3M4rfnX
The Questions Christians Hope No One Will Ask by Mark Mittelberg: https://bit.ly/391XJlk
Email questions or answers to Catherine firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Prayer for Difficult Times - Your Daily Prayer - July 5
Although He allowed tragedy to strike, He never left me forsaken.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.