Effects of PraiseJanuary 20, 2023 ● 13 min
Share this episode
- Sacrifices of thanksgiving were commanded for the Israelites: Levicitus 7:12-15, but He wanted it to be from their own free will (Lev 22:29)
- Deut 10:20-21: "You shall fear the Lord your God; you shall serve Him, and to Him you shall hold fast, and take oaths in His name. He is your praise, and He is your God, who has done for you these great and awesome things which your eyes have seen."
- Many of the psalms are trying to stir up the speaker or the crowd to praise, vowing "I will" praise (sometime in the future), or do such-and-such, that I might praise, or (these people) will praise, or saying "let me" or "let [some third party]" praise the Lord, as if asking for God's help in doing it, in addition to actually praising God:
- Psalm 9:11: "Sing praises to the Lord, who dwells in Zion! Declare His deeds among the people."
- Psalm 29:1: "Give unto the Lord, O you mighty ones, Give unto the Lord glory and strength."
- Psalm 30:4: "Sing praise to the Lord, you saints of His, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name."
- Psalm 33:2: "Praise the Lord with the harp; Make melody to Him with an instrument of ten strings."
- Psalm 47:1, 6-7: "Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with the voice of triumph!... Sing praises to God, sing praises! Sing praises to our King, sing praises! For God is the King of all the earth; Sing praises with understanding."
- Psalm 66:1-2, 8: "Make a joyful shout to God, all the earth! Sing out the honor of His name; Make His praise glorious.... Oh, bless our God, you peoples! And make the voice of His praise to be heard."
- Psalm 68:4, 32: "Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Extol Him who rides on the clouds, By His name Yah, And rejoice before Him... Sing to God, you kingdoms of the earth; Oh, sing praises to the Lord, Selah"
- Psalm 98:4: "Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth; Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises."
- Psalm 100:4: "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name."
- Psalm 117:1: "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles! Laud Him, all you peoples!"
- Romans 15:11: “Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles! Laud Him, all you peoples!”
- 2 Cor 2:14: "Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place."
- 2 Cor 4:15: "For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God."
- We should bring praise to God (when people see us): Eph 1:11-12: "In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory."
- The Holy Spirit in us is to the praise of His glory: Eph 1:13-14
- When we bear fruits of righteousness, it is to God's glory and praise: Phil 1:11
- Our faith brings praise to God: 1 Peter 1:7
- Eph 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
- Col 3:15: "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful."
- Col 4:2: "Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving"
- 1 Thess 5:18: "in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
- 1 Tim 2:1: "Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men,"
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
A Prayer for God to Make it Happen - Your Daily Prayer - February 8
Prayer is powerful. Our prayers are heard in heaven. Scripture says the Lord is already on the move in response before we are done praying. He loves us, His children. So why does it feel like our prayers go unnoticed and unanswered at times?
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.