The First Day—AgainHow does Jesus’ resurrection infuse you with fresh hope?
Top Music Videos
“We Believe” | Newsboys devotion
When was the last time you had an extended, uninterrupted conversation with someone face-to-face? Without checking for text messages or taking a call? For a lot of us, we’d have to think for some time to come up with an answer. And even if you have enjoyed such a moment in recent days, you likely will still agree that there’s so much noise – too much, perhaps – in the world around us.
It’s hard to stand still when we’re all so busy. It’s difficult to stay centered when we’re pulled in so many directions. The same can be said of our spiritual selves when so many forces vie for our attention and our affection. When our lives spiral out of control and we can’t make sense of the circumstances we are in, we often find ourselves longing for a solid place to stand, to find rest and make sense of it all.
In the song “We Believe,” we’re given a musical reminder of what it is that is essential to our Christian faith. When we find ourselves on the periphery without hope, we can find something to center us in the life and death and resurrection of Jesus. When we find ourselves arguing about things that don’t matter, we can remember that we all are united as children of the same Heavenly Father.
We believe in God the Father / We believe in Jesus Christ / We believe in the Holy Spirit / And He’s given us new life / We believe in the Crucifixion /
We believe that He conquered death / We believe in the resurrection /
And He’s coming back again / We believe
These lyrics provide a musical creed for us that tether us to the central hope of the church. Placing these central truths in our mind and heart will allow us to stand strong when the uncertainty of life attempts to move us away from what truly matters. The Spirit at work within us will keep us strong, and we can help by creating space to recall what is true about God and His work in our lives.
The beautiful opening to the first Psalm gives us a picture of someone who remains firm despite the whirlwind around them.
“Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.” –Psalm 1:1-3
May you become like a tree planted firmly, rooted in the deeper truths of God. May we remember and reflect on what it is that we truly believe and carry that in our hearts as we step back into the chaotic moments of the world around us. Centering ourselves on the core of our faith allow us to bloom with the fruit of God’s kingdom and offer love and beauty to a world that needs it.
- The First Day—Again - How does Jesus’ resurrection infuse you with fresh hope?...read more
- Clueless at the Light - What would others say about my influence on them?...read more
- Stinging Words - How have you experienced emotional or spiritual captivity?...read more
- Everyone Has a Story - Who needs you to listen to them? Make time for them today....read more
- Gateway of Hope - How has the rough stuff of your life kept you from hoping in God?...read more
- Philip Flunked - What specific truth about God could help you with a problem you’re currently facing?...read more
- Source of All Life - Every blessing comes from God....read more
- Trapped in Sin - How can you be set free and made right with God?...read more
- Hope Beyond Discouragement - How will you point others to the Source of Hope today?...read more
- Play Your Part - How can you encourage others to fulfill their calling?...read more
- Broken Community - How do we live out holiness without becoming judgmental of others?...read more
- Giving Out Love - How has God provided for you and those you love?...read more
- Assets that Matter - How can you submit more fully to the Holy Spirit’s refining work in your life?...read more
- The Skeptic - What doubt about God is most persistent in your thoughts?...read more
- Is God Necessary? - God is hidden but present, revealing Himself more fully to those who invite Him to stay....read more
- God's Promises - How has God kept His promises to you?...read more