Myth No MoreWhy must God judge His enemies and make things right?
Top Music Videos
“We Believe” | Newsboys devotion
When was the last time you had an extended, uninterrupted conversation with someone face-to-face? Without checking for text messages or taking a call? For a lot of us, we’d have to think for some time to come up with an answer. And even if you have enjoyed such a moment in recent days, you likely will still agree that there’s so much noise – too much, perhaps – in the world around us.
It’s hard to stand still when we’re all so busy. It’s difficult to stay centered when we’re pulled in so many directions. The same can be said of our spiritual selves when so many forces vie for our attention and our affection. When our lives spiral out of control and we can’t make sense of the circumstances we are in, we often find ourselves longing for a solid place to stand, to find rest and make sense of it all.
In the song “We Believe,” we’re given a musical reminder of what it is that is essential to our Christian faith. When we find ourselves on the periphery without hope, we can find something to center us in the life and death and resurrection of Jesus. When we find ourselves arguing about things that don’t matter, we can remember that we all are united as children of the same Heavenly Father.
We believe in God the Father / We believe in Jesus Christ / We believe in the Holy Spirit / And He’s given us new life / We believe in the Crucifixion /
We believe that He conquered death / We believe in the resurrection /
And He’s coming back again / We believe
These lyrics provide a musical creed for us that tether us to the central hope of the church. Placing these central truths in our mind and heart will allow us to stand strong when the uncertainty of life attempts to move us away from what truly matters. The Spirit at work within us will keep us strong, and we can help by creating space to recall what is true about God and His work in our lives.
The beautiful opening to the first Psalm gives us a picture of someone who remains firm despite the whirlwind around them.
“Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.” –Psalm 1:1-3
May you become like a tree planted firmly, rooted in the deeper truths of God. May we remember and reflect on what it is that we truly believe and carry that in our hearts as we step back into the chaotic moments of the world around us. Centering ourselves on the core of our faith allow us to bloom with the fruit of God’s kingdom and offer love and beauty to a world that needs it.
- Myth No More - Why must God judge His enemies and make things right?...read more
- Hidden Sins - How have you been trying to deal with your sin?...read more
- The Kingdom We Long For - What makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?...read more
- Offering Refuge and Hope - How can you practically and prayerfully support refugees?...read more
- Songs Before Dawn - How will you use your voice to let the good news ring out today?...read more
- Uber Conversations - How do the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit model a loving relationship?...read more
- Prayer on an Airplane - How can you prepare to share the hope you have in Jesus?...read more
- Adding Interest? - Is there something you’re holding back from God?...read more
- Lord of the Cosmos - What does Jesus being “Lord of the cosmos” mean for your future?...read more
- Farming Hope - What trial are you facing today?...read more
- Because of Sunday - How can you learn to imitate Jesus and His mindset as you face conflict?...read more
- Our Real and Present God - When have you grappled with questions about God’s nearness and presence?...read more
- Gift of Tears - What triggers your emotions?...read more
- Faith in the Fields - Jesus urged His disciples to tell people about Him for “the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”...read more
- Pizza and God's Presence - When do you feel most vulnerable?...read more
- Peace and Contentment - What changes could you make to better “seek the Kingdom of God above all else”?...read more