Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
“We Believe” | Newsboys devotion
When was the last time you had an extended, uninterrupted conversation with someone face-to-face? Without checking for text messages or taking a call? For a lot of us, we’d have to think for some time to come up with an answer. And even if you have enjoyed such a moment in recent days, you likely will still agree that there’s so much noise – too much, perhaps – in the world around us.
It’s hard to stand still when we’re all so busy. It’s difficult to stay centered when we’re pulled in so many directions. The same can be said of our spiritual selves when so many forces vie for our attention and our affection. When our lives spiral out of control and we can’t make sense of the circumstances we are in, we often find ourselves longing for a solid place to stand, to find rest and make sense of it all.
In the song “We Believe,” we’re given a musical reminder of what it is that is essential to our Christian faith. When we find ourselves on the periphery without hope, we can find something to center us in the life and death and resurrection of Jesus. When we find ourselves arguing about things that don’t matter, we can remember that we all are united as children of the same Heavenly Father.
We believe in God the Father / We believe in Jesus Christ / We believe in the Holy Spirit / And He’s given us new life / We believe in the Crucifixion /
We believe that He conquered death / We believe in the resurrection /
And He’s coming back again / We believe
These lyrics provide a musical creed for us that tether us to the central hope of the church. Placing these central truths in our mind and heart will allow us to stand strong when the uncertainty of life attempts to move us away from what truly matters. The Spirit at work within us will keep us strong, and we can help by creating space to recall what is true about God and His work in our lives.
The beautiful opening to the first Psalm gives us a picture of someone who remains firm despite the whirlwind around them.
“Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.” –Psalm 1:1-3
May you become like a tree planted firmly, rooted in the deeper truths of God. May we remember and reflect on what it is that we truly believe and carry that in our hearts as we step back into the chaotic moments of the world around us. Centering ourselves on the core of our faith allow us to bloom with the fruit of God’s kingdom and offer love and beauty to a world that needs it.
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more