The Lost VirtueIn what common circumstances are you most impatient?
Top Christian Music Videos
Friday September 20
There was a time, deep into my walk with Jesus, when life became extremely difficult. I told a friend that I felt like a mouse, batted back and forth between the paws of a cat that was toying with his victim before making the final blow.
Yesterday I read a blog by a woman whose husband was dying of cancer. When she was at the absolute hardest point in the battle, she had gone to the hospital cafeteria for some food. There, instead of compassion and kindness, the cashier gave her a difficult time because she was five cents short. I thought back on my time of intense struggle.
Sometimes it seems that when we’re already as stressed out, sad, angry, or hurt as we could possibly be, another arrow is shot in our direction. In those instances, even the smallest infraction against us can seem exaggerated, untimely, and unfair. It’s then that we question God’s love, protection, and provision.
When circumstances seem unbearable, God earnestly desires that we find comfort in Him. He longs for us to experience—in both the finest and most challenging times of our lives—the truth of Psalm 62:6-8 “He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in Him at all times. Pour out your heart to Him, for God is our refuge.”
I can testify that God brought me out of my darkest season. And He gave the woman mentioned above, hope, confidence, and joy, even after the death of her husband.
Today, ask God to help you grasp the essence of Joshua 1:9, “The Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” —Roxanne Robbins
O Lord God of heaven’s armies! Where is there anyone as mighty as You, O Lord? You are entirely faithful (Psalm 89:8).
Ask God to etch Psalm 18:2 on your heart so you will always remember that He’s your Refuge and the Rock where no enemy can reach you.
Reflect on a time when your trials seemed insurmountable and overwhelming. How did God minister to your heart? What can you expect of Him today?
- The Lost Virtue - In what common circumstances are you most impatient?...read more
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more