Confession and BlessingHow does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?
Top Christian Music Videos
Friday September 20
There was a time, deep into my walk with Jesus, when life became extremely difficult. I told a friend that I felt like a mouse, batted back and forth between the paws of a cat that was toying with his victim before making the final blow.
Yesterday I read a blog by a woman whose husband was dying of cancer. When she was at the absolute hardest point in the battle, she had gone to the hospital cafeteria for some food. There, instead of compassion and kindness, the cashier gave her a difficult time because she was five cents short. I thought back on my time of intense struggle.
Sometimes it seems that when we’re already as stressed out, sad, angry, or hurt as we could possibly be, another arrow is shot in our direction. In those instances, even the smallest infraction against us can seem exaggerated, untimely, and unfair. It’s then that we question God’s love, protection, and provision.
When circumstances seem unbearable, God earnestly desires that we find comfort in Him. He longs for us to experience—in both the finest and most challenging times of our lives—the truth of Psalm 62:6-8 “He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in Him at all times. Pour out your heart to Him, for God is our refuge.”
I can testify that God brought me out of my darkest season. And He gave the woman mentioned above, hope, confidence, and joy, even after the death of her husband.
Today, ask God to help you grasp the essence of Joshua 1:9, “The Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” —Roxanne Robbins
O Lord God of heaven’s armies! Where is there anyone as mighty as You, O Lord? You are entirely faithful (Psalm 89:8).
Ask God to etch Psalm 18:2 on your heart so you will always remember that He’s your Refuge and the Rock where no enemy can reach you.
Reflect on a time when your trials seemed insurmountable and overwhelming. How did God minister to your heart? What can you expect of Him today?
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more
- Winning Wars - How has God equipped others to help you make wise decisions?...read more
- Blinding Blue Pants - What role does accountability play in your life?...read more