The Job ParadoxWhen have you missed an opportunity to follow God’s guidance during a difficult time?
Top Music Videos
Friday September 20
There was a time, deep into my walk with Jesus, when life became extremely difficult. I told a friend that I felt like a mouse, batted back and forth between the paws of a cat that was toying with his victim before making the final blow.
Yesterday I read a blog by a woman whose husband was dying of cancer. When she was at the absolute hardest point in the battle, she had gone to the hospital cafeteria for some food. There, instead of compassion and kindness, the cashier gave her a difficult time because she was five cents short. I thought back on my time of intense struggle.
Sometimes it seems that when we’re already as stressed out, sad, angry, or hurt as we could possibly be, another arrow is shot in our direction. In those instances, even the smallest infraction against us can seem exaggerated, untimely, and unfair. It’s then that we question God’s love, protection, and provision.
When circumstances seem unbearable, God earnestly desires that we find comfort in Him. He longs for us to experience—in both the finest and most challenging times of our lives—the truth of Psalm 62:6-8 “He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in Him at all times. Pour out your heart to Him, for God is our refuge.”
I can testify that God brought me out of my darkest season. And He gave the woman mentioned above, hope, confidence, and joy, even after the death of her husband.
Today, ask God to help you grasp the essence of Joshua 1:9, “The Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” —Roxanne Robbins
O Lord God of heaven’s armies! Where is there anyone as mighty as You, O Lord? You are entirely faithful (Psalm 89:8).
Ask God to etch Psalm 18:2 on your heart so you will always remember that He’s your Refuge and the Rock where no enemy can reach you.
Reflect on a time when your trials seemed insurmountable and overwhelming. How did God minister to your heart? What can you expect of Him today?
- The Job Paradox - When have you missed an opportunity to follow God’s guidance during a difficult time?...read more
- Begging the Question? - Do you ever feel pressure to share your faith in ways that seem awkward to you?...read more
- Fulfilled - Why is it important to view Old Testament laws through the lens of Jesus’ fulfillment of them?...read more
- Red Houses - What has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?...read more
- Tongues Afire - When have you recently endured the wound of another person’s words?...read more
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more