FearlessHow can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?
Top Christian Music Videos
Friday September 20
There was a time, deep into my walk with Jesus, when life became extremely difficult. I told a friend that I felt like a mouse, batted back and forth between the paws of a cat that was toying with his victim before making the final blow.
Yesterday I read a blog by a woman whose husband was dying of cancer. When she was at the absolute hardest point in the battle, she had gone to the hospital cafeteria for some food. There, instead of compassion and kindness, the cashier gave her a difficult time because she was five cents short. I thought back on my time of intense struggle.
Sometimes it seems that when we’re already as stressed out, sad, angry, or hurt as we could possibly be, another arrow is shot in our direction. In those instances, even the smallest infraction against us can seem exaggerated, untimely, and unfair. It’s then that we question God’s love, protection, and provision.
When circumstances seem unbearable, God earnestly desires that we find comfort in Him. He longs for us to experience—in both the finest and most challenging times of our lives—the truth of Psalm 62:6-8 “He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in Him at all times. Pour out your heart to Him, for God is our refuge.”
I can testify that God brought me out of my darkest season. And He gave the woman mentioned above, hope, confidence, and joy, even after the death of her husband.
Today, ask God to help you grasp the essence of Joshua 1:9, “The Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” —Roxanne Robbins
O Lord God of heaven’s armies! Where is there anyone as mighty as You, O Lord? You are entirely faithful (Psalm 89:8).
Ask God to etch Psalm 18:2 on your heart so you will always remember that He’s your Refuge and the Rock where no enemy can reach you.
Reflect on a time when your trials seemed insurmountable and overwhelming. How did God minister to your heart? What can you expect of Him today?
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more
- Clear View - How can you seek God’s wisdom and direction today?...read more
- Led by the Spirit - How do you distinguish between the leading of the Spirit and the whims and desires of your own heart?...read more