FearlessHow can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?
Top Christian Music Videos
Wednesday September 11
still in process
After 18 years of marriage, I thought I had a pretty good handle on how to love my husband. Trials, children, and the hand of God had significantly affected change in our relationship in countless ways. But gentle promptings from the Lord to pick up a particular book on love continued to interrupt my daily activities. Noticing the book when it first hit the market, I knew it would be a great resource for others. Now, God was calling me to lay down my pride and see not only what He had done in my life but also what He still desired to do.
Transformation isn’t always easy, especially when it involves our hearts. Relationships, whether with God, our spouse, or anyone else, are a journey—not a destination. Though we grow stronger through the things God is doing in us, circumstances in life will invariably bring stressors or adjustments that require us to submit humbly to God’s continued work (Romans 8:28; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24). God often uses our closest relationships to bring about the transformation in us that will be the witness of Jesus’ love to an unbelieving world (John 13:35; Colossians 4:5).
From hidden behaviors of the heart to our self-preservationist actions, God calls us to “put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like Him” (3:10). True change, however, requires humility—a relinquishing of our rights that we might embrace His (Psalm 25:9; Proverbs 10:12).
As our worth and purpose become more hidden with Jesus (Colossians 3:3), the less we need to prove we’re right, the more we want His Word to come alive in us, and the more we truly love. —Regina Franklin
Colossians 3:10-19, 4:5-6
Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony (3:14).
Read John 15:12-17 and consider what it means to look to Jesus as our example of how to respond in our relationships with others.
What happens if we don’t view our relationship with God and others through the lens of growth and change? What specific “new nature” behaviors are you choosing to put on?
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more
- Clear View - How can you seek God’s wisdom and direction today?...read more
- Led by the Spirit - How do you distinguish between the leading of the Spirit and the whims and desires of your own heart?...read more